Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's resume is better at 147lbs? Mayweather or Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're both pretty meh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamis! View Post
      DLH cherrypicked Pac, and said time and again that time that "his weight at 147 was the best he ever felt" although everyone knows he's just talking outta his azz. No matter where you rank Mosley, he's still never the same with a long layoff to boot. Marquez was and always will be Pac's contrapello.

LOL at Clottey being a good win for Pac. How can you call a win over an armadillo a good one?

IMO both had pretty weak resumes at 147, but you floyd ****kriders are something else, spin it all you want then.

If it was the lower weights then it'll be a different story, especially Floyd at 130 and Pac with his Featherweight run.
      Floyd def has a better resume at 147. Not sure it's debatable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
        Floyds resume at 147

Sharmba Mitchell KO
        Zab Judah UD
        Carlos Baldomir UD
        Ricky Hatton KO
        Juan Manuel Marquez UD
        Shane Mosley UD
        Victor Ortiz KO

Mannys resume at 147

Oscar De La Hoya KO
        Miguel Cotto KO
        Joshua Clottey UD
        Shane Mosley UD
        Juan Manuel Marquez UD
        Timothy Bradley L

Keep in mind Floyd has beat the #1 ranked WW twice and Manny has never defeated a #1 ranked WW and his only win vs a champ at WW was at a catchweight. Considering where these fighters were ranked @WW,on the P4P list and the physical level they were at when Floyd and Manny fought them who's resume is better?
        You keep in mind that Manny fought everyone Floyd ducked and he beat the same ww that they have in common more convincingly. So Many for sure.

Comment

• Its not a Pac-May discussion without Pac-Boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Floyd def has a better resume at 147. Not sure it's debatable.
            Yeah mate it could swing right there with Floyd, quality wise. Just depends on the eye of the beholder.

I think it's no secret that Pac's run in WW is more of an afterthought for his whole career, except for the Cotto win IMO. The Bradley showing of Pac like we agreed before showed Pac's experience which can save him, but age is a pre-requisite.

Comment

• If you ask Floyd this Ts question, Floyd will respond Paq's is better.

Comment

DLH cherrypicked Pac, and said time and again that time that "his weight at 147 was the best he ever felt" although everyone knows he's just talking outta his azz. No matter where you rank Mosley, he's still never the same with a long layoff to boot. Marquez was and always will be Pac's contrapello.

LOL at Clottey being a good win for Pac. How can you call a win over an armadillo a good one?

IMO both had pretty weak resumes at 147, but you floyd ****kriders are something else, spin it all you want then.

If it was the lower weights then it'll be a different story, especially Floyd at 130 and Pac with his Featherweight run.
                Oscar cherrypicking Pac is irrelevant. Fact is Oscar was not a legit and top ranked 147 pounder when he fought Pac. Pac even out weighed Oscar fight night lol...

Mosley was the Man at 147 when Floyd Fought him. Even Manny ducked this version of Mosley, wither you believe Mosley was passed prime or the a long lay off bothered him doesn't change the fact that at the time, Mosley was the top 147 pounder when Floyd fought. When Manny fought Mosley, Mosley wasn't regarded as a top 147 pounder.

Clottey was a good win because he was prime and wasn't weight drained and was a top 147 pounder.

Marquez lets not even go there.

How do you put a spin on the rankings of fighters at the time, when Floyd fought them. Clearly Floyd fought these dudes when their were on top unlike when Manny fought them.
                Last edited by littlemac; 07-25-2012, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                  Oscar cherrypicking Pac is irrelevant. Fact is Oscar was not a legit and top ranked 147 pounder when he fought Pac. Pac even out weighed Oscar fight night lol...

Mosley was the Man at 147 when Floyd Fought him. Even Manny ducked this version of Mosley, wither you believe Mosley was passed prime or had a long lay off doesn't change the fact that at the time, Mosley was the top 147 pounder when Floyd fought. When Manny fought Mosley, Mosley wasn't regarded as a top 147 pounder.

Clottey was a good win because he was prime and wasn't weight drained and was a top 147 pounder.

Marquez lets not even go there.

How do you put a spin on the rankings of fighters at the time, when Floyd fought them. Clearly Floyd fought these dudes when their were on top unlike when Manny fought them.
                  Please tell me what I spun. I just said earlier Manny's WW run was more of an afterthought.

What can you tell me about Clottey? That after the fight he pissed and shat blood with all those body shots bang bang bang?

GTFOH!

Comment

Yeah mate it could swing right there with Floyd, quality wise. Just depends on the eye of the beholder.

I think it's no secret that Pac's run in WW is more of an afterthought for his whole career, except for the Cotto win IMO. The Bradley showing of Pac like we agreed before showed Pac's experience which can save him, but age is a pre-requisite.
                    Well the rest of his career isn't the question here. But what do you mean by eye of the beholder?

Comment

• The way Floyd describes Paqciao whenever Floyd is promoting his fights you'll get that Mayweahter is describing a very impressive fighter. He accuses him of cheating, he can't believe he beat these huge fighters, hehe...

So if I'm a Floyd fan I wouldn't even think of making these silly threads anymore until I see Floyd actually beating the overrated Paq. These Floyd is better than Paq threads are useless right now as long as Floyd keeps ducking Paq. They will never make sense. Floyd worshippers can say Paq is overrated all they want; Paq's resume is crap at ww, blah, blah. Question will always remain why is Floyd ducking an inferior fighter?

Comment

Working...
                      X