Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Still Gives Mayweather The Edge on Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone believe this would be an exciting fight to watch? As big of a hype job De La Hoya vs Mayweather was which didn't live up to the hype in the ring as "The Fight That Saves Boxing", I imagine this being an even worse affair with the build up being huge and it being a colossal letdown in the ring. It wouldn't kill Boxing, but it would feel like such a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
      I do if they make sense due to the circumstances at the given time. Besides....having 3 catch weight fights out of almost 60.....far from a catch weight king. Maybe you should blame the ones who accept it no?
      Catch weights generally favor only one fighter and put the other fighter at a disadvantage. If both parties are fully confident in the poroposal then by all means go for it but generally its proposed and then monetarilly enforced by the fighter with more clout and that all true fans should be against. Never mentioned a catch weight king and wasnt aware that their is one.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        Does anyone believe this would be an exciting fight to watch? As big of a hype job De La Hoya vs Mayweather was which didn't live up to the hype in the ring as "The Fight That Saves Boxing", I imagine this being an even worse affair with the build up being huge and it being a colossal letdown in the ring. It wouldn't kill Boxing, but it would feel like such a waste of time.
        i'm hopeful the animosity between the fighters and their fans makes for an electric atmosphere and wills both fighters to go for broke. But its more likely floyd just does his thing.

Comment

Why i like Manny i have always said that Floyd would win even more so now.

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
            How you gonna get a guy outta there when all he's doing is playing survival mode? Come on now, Pac couldnt get Clottey outta there cause he just shelled up the whole fight..
            And Pac STILL got tagged up......

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              Do you agree with catch weights?
              What does catchweights have to do with what I just posted?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                of course it is when you can't refute it.
                LOL @ not being able to refute your ridiculous comment.

Oscar had two fights at MW, clearly lost the first and got KO'd in the second. He was retired from boxing, building GBP, but some how he was suppose to fight Floyd.

Do you realize how ****** you sound saying Oscar should have fought Floyd in 06?

Fact is floyd,until the 24/7, was not in a position to make elite fighters fight
                Like Who???

Your next post is so typical, insult floyd fans and and then go with the over used "floyd always wins fantasy fights BS"
                Of course I'm gonna insult a bunch of idiots who constantly talk about what a fighter could have done or would do to _________ fighter. You guys are the only group who put so much emphasis on what Floyd would do to a certain fighter, instead of asking why he just wont go out, beat the guy, and just prove he is the better man.

I think we 'd all prefer rational discussions about factual events.
                Factual events like Floyd vs Margarito, Floyd vs Pacquiao, Floyd vs Cotto 2008 etc......Ohh wait those never happened.

Comment

Greem for you..........

[B]Excellent post here. Oscar has always been an admirable champion who is honest. Manny is faster overall. Floyd is quick and has excellent reflexes; faster with single shots. As for who would win? There is a reason why Floyd won't fight the much "smaller" but great Pacquiao. If he was as confident in his in-ring abilities as his fans, the fight would have happned already. Manny is a true warrior and will fight anyone within his weight. PERIOD.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                    I think it's funny that people say things like "Floyd is waiting for him to get old" and "Pacquiao is past prime now" even though Mayweather is older than him, has been less active, and is just about to get out of jail. People already have built-in excuses just in case they do square off and Mayweather embarrasses him. In my opinion it really makes no difference when they fight or could've fought. It would be the same result regardless. Mayweather is just in a different league skill-wise and would counter the **** out of Manny and then brutally knock him out. Unfortunately Bob Arum knows this very well and will never let it happen.
                    This is it in a nutshell. Even Pacquiao fans in denial know this.

Comment

Originally posted by Popovich View Post
                      Of course I'm gonna insult a bunch of idiots who constantly talk about what a fighter could have done or would do to _________ fighter. You guys are the only group who put so much emphasis on what Floyd would do to a certain fighter, instead of asking why he just wont go out, beat the guy, and just prove he is the better man.
                      /thread

Comment

Working...
                      X