Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Still Gives Mayweather The Edge on Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to agree with oscar ,as I feel he BEAT gaychickenweather when they fought, that said Oscar needs to stfu about gayfether honestley that fight doesnt mean a damn thing now as neither of those guys are the top fighters anymore.Mayweather looks washed up and I doubt hes even going to box anymore since hes such a sissy,and he went total life and death with cotto wich will tell you how good cotto is or how badly faded mayweather is.
    Pacman has slowed way down too as proven in his last 3 fights hes only a 8 round fighter now he fades after the 9th round, he has more left in the tank that the gay one has in terms of punch arsenal and power but his days at the very top are over.
    that said oscar we dont want to hear anything about this fight theres a lot of new dangerous far more entertaining fighters than these 2 guys, lets not pretend, this is still a young mans sport not an aging ones.....

Comment

• Originally posted by djeffectz View Post
      2 years ago I like Mayweather beating Pac but now I have Pac winning, but not by knockout like most expert sees... It would be a close fight, Pac will go Castillo on Mayweather but with more aggression
      Your in a dream , not snowballs chance in hell Pac can beat Floyd via decision , maybe he should put a Castillo on Bradley or JMM they are a kot easier than Floyd , Pac is a class below Floyd and I hope they fight just so that its shown to the world .

Comment

• In his prime DLH would have stopped Pacquiao early no doubt, but I would still give Mayweather the edge even over a prime Oscar.

Comment

• The majority of the boxing community has been saying this since 2010., I've said it from day one when the idea of a Mayweather Pac showdown was even mentioned mentioned.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Pac rematches Bradley and lost, fought JMM again and lost, let alone fought Mayweather and lost. Another words I wouldn't be surprised if Pac never won a fight again unless its vs another in house Top Rank bum. Much like Pac's pathetically embarrassing run when he fought Clottey, Margarito and Mosley.

The question still remains for Pac since 2009, What have YOU done for boxing lately?

Another words, Bob's cashing out.... the "hype" is over. Time to move on. Not that many people still want to see the fight. Let alone actually see their hero get embarrassed vs a fighter like Mayweather. I mean according to Bob Arum, that could hurt his chances of becoming president. Just another excuse as to why Bob hasn't wanted the fight. But like I have said for years, Bob will make the fight when it's Pac's very last fight and I wouldn't be surprised if Pac's purse/flat rate would be less than $40 million by that point. Sad but true. O well.......

Comment

• Mayweather beats pacquiao anyday. Oscar need to stop making excuses for his losses against them.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
              The majority of the boxing community has been saying this since 2010., I've said it from day one when the idea of a Mayweather Pac showdown was even mentioned mentioned.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Pac rematches Bradley and lost, fought JMM again and lost, let alone fought Mayweather and lost. Another words I wouldn't be surprised if Pac never won a fight again unless its vs another in house Top Rank bum. Much like Pac's pathetically embarrassing run when he fought Clottey, Margarito and Mosley.

The question still remains for Pac since 2009, What have YOU done for boxing lately?

Another words, Bob's cashing out.... the "hype" is over. Time to move on. Not that many people still want to see the fight. Let alone actually see their hero get embarrassed vs a fighter like Mayweather. I mean according to Bob Arum, that could hurt his chances of becoming president. Just another excuse as to why Bob hasn't wanted the fight. But like I have said for years, Bob will make the fight when it's Pac's very last fight and I wouldn't be surprised if Pac's purse/flat rate would be less than $40 million by that point. Sad but true. O well.......
              Great Post.

I think so did Mayweather. As he called Shaffuer and told him to make the fight less than two hours after he seen Pac fight Cotto. Odd that he would do that for a guy that people claim he sumhow doesnt want to fight......I think Mayweather knew bacc in 2009- scratch that since Pac vs Morales 2 or 3 when Mayweather was in the crowd watching Pac fight that he could beat him. And Arum knows it too.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content6228.html

Comment

• Someone said "Pac will go Castillo on Mayweather"? Huh? Man I hate to break this to anyone but Pac's skillset is very limited. Castillo is 3 times as skilled as Pac easy. Pac has speed, power and angles...which have served him very well obviously but anyone can see he is falling off. Pac has a punchers chance against Floyd, period. He is not outboxing Floyd, dominating Floyd, etc. If Pac can't hurt Floyd, he loses a UD or gets stopped late. Do I think Pac could beat Floyd? Sure, Pac is an amazing fighter and anything can happen in the ring. Floyd is not invincible, but no one has been able to overcome his skill and will as of yet. Manny would have to be an overwhelming offensive buzzsaw to beat Floyd. I mean if A beats B and B beats C, it does not mean A beats C, I know that. But to see the trouble Pac had with JMM and even not looking good against Bradley, I just cannot see how he can beat Floyd unless he really hurts him and stops him. Who knows what jail did to Floyd, maybe he is done for now, never know. If his game slips than Pac can take him possibly, we will see at some point hopefully.

Comment

• In de la hoya's prime the fight with mayweather would have been close as well but this article says despite de la hoya's size are you kiddin me? pac was the bigger man that night oscar had no buisness goin down to 147 at 35 yrs. old. he looked very drawn that night had no muscle nothing didn't even put on any weight over night I believe that if de la hoya me t pacquiao at 154 it would have been a different outcome that night rather than pacquiao's stretch of catchweights.

Comment

• And yea mayweather has a huge edge over pacquiao manny had little success with the excellent counterpuncher marquez he will have no success with the best counterpuncher mayweather.

Comment

• Pac is still relevant?

Comment

Working...
                      X