Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL NSB Al Haymon managed fighters thread. Discuss & Debate!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    I often wonder if AL Haymon were AL rosenberg would we even be having these discussions. When Bob or any other promoter does the same thing, its no big deal.
    You already know the answer to that question, yes it would be discussed but it wouldn't have this much hate and disdain involved.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
      You already know the answer to that question, yes it would be discussed but it wouldn't have this much hate and disdain involved.
      The man has a harvard undergrad degree and a harvard MBA. He keeps out of sight, never in the media for negative ****. He gets his fighters prime spots on network TV. If this was Bob or DIbella these guys would be singing their praises.

They complain about blowouts when al haymon fighters win but eagerly spend their money to see a blowout when its a TR fighter. SO YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS THEY ARE REALLY MAD ABOUT.

Comment

I often wonder if AL Haymon were AL rosenberg would we even be having these discussions. When Bob or any other promoter does the same thing, its no big deal.
        c'mon Dunn...you and I know whats going on here....just like the Broner weight issue....dudes are captain obvious around here man

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
          c'mon Dunn...you and I know whats going on here....just like the Broner weight issue....dudes are captain obvious around here man
          Al is bad because Broner killed escobedo. The same poster celeberates arum giving them manny and margarito for $50 bucks.

There were some people who were genuinely upset about the weight issue and I get that. I thought adrien was unprofessional. But when you see a poster who says that is unforgiveable, when they forgave Margarito for cheating or PED users, well yeah it is obvious they are posting with their hood on.

Comment

Se where Camron Duncan is smiling get his fighter bull**** fights for a lot of money. Never mind the 2 recent robberies.

But we know what this is about. **** is clear as day.

Comment

The man has a harvard undergrad degree and a harvard MBA. He keeps out of sight, never in the media for negative ****. He gets his fighters prime spots on network TV. If this was Bob or DIbella these guys would be singing their praises.

They complain about blowouts when al haymon fighters win but eagerly spend their money to see a blowout when its a TR fighter. SO YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS THEY ARE REALLY MAD ABOUT.

are you joking?

people around here literally want bob arum to die because they think it will have "a positive effect on boxing"

it sounds like you're hinting that the "hate" for haymon is because he's black

most of these guys dont/didnt even know what haymon looks like. they dont like haymon because he makes very conservative decisions to move his fighter along in his career. he takes as little risk as possible to make the most money. that doesnt always lend itself to brutal fights, exciting matchmaking, and fairness among divisions.

it has nothing to do with the color of his skin.

personally i think al haymon is a genius.
              so is arum
              so is king

he's a lesser tier of genius, but so is schaeffer. the guy is rumored to be a guru of finance.
              Last edited by New England; 07-23-2012, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                are you joking?

people around here literally want bob arum to die because they think it will have "a positive effect on boxing"

it sounds like you're hinting that the "hate" for haymon is because he's black

most of these guys dont/didnt even know what haymon looks like. they dont like haymon because he makes very conservative decisions to move his fighter along in his career. he takes as little risk as possible to make the most money. that doesnt always lend itself to brutal fights, exciting matchmaking, and fairness among divisions.

it has nothing to do with the color of his skin.

personally i think al haymon is a genius.
                so is arum
                so is king

he's a lesser tier of genius, but so is schaeffer. the guy is rumored to be a guru of finance.
                No i'm not joking. Yes people do want bob to die and that is a fair point. You are not like most psoters.

I'm doing more than hinting at it.

I thin k people know exactly who al haymon is. his picture has been posted numerous times on this board. the way he moves his fighters has nothing to with how people feel about him. when TR and GBP do the same thing with non haymon fighters, there isn't as much complianing.

What people don't know is Haymon's full roster of fighters. People know floyd, russell, and broner mostly. Haymon has fighters that have been involved in brutal fights.

Posters like to complain about the opposition of Haymons fighters. IMO, thats just code. Why hold Haymon's fighters to a higher standard then others? Like escobedo sat night. How is a guy who robert gurrero couldn't ko in 12 a bum or a bad fight for a 22 year old?

I can respect that you and some other posters are not criticizng al because he is black. some of the criticisms are valid, like russel getting an 8 rd fight on TV.

You are right, Not every critique of Haymon is racially motivated. yours isn't. I am only talking about those that are

Comment

No i'm not joking. Yes people do want bob to die and that is a fair point. You are not like most psoters.

I'm doing more than hinting at it.

I thin k people know exactly who al haymon is. his picture has been posted numerous times on this board. the way he moves his fighters has nothing to with how people feel about him. when TR and GBP do the same thing with non haymon fighters, there isn't as much complianing.

What people don't know is Haymon's full roster of fighters. People know floyd, russell, and broner mostly. Haymon has fighters that have been involved in brutal fights.

Posters like to complain about the opposition of Haymons fighters. IMO, thats just code. Why hold Haymon's fighters to a higher standard then others? Like escobedo sat night. How is a guy who robert gurrero couldn't ko in 12 a bum or a bad fight for a 22 year old?

I can respect that you and some other posters are not criticizng al because he is black. some of the criticisms are valid, like russel getting an 8 rd fight on TV.

You are right, Not every critique of Haymon is racially motivated. yours isn't. I am only talking about those that are
                  fair enough. all fine points.

if you look hard enough at bscene it does seem at times to be racially ordered. in other words, i think there are lots of people who don't like pacquiao or mayweather jr because of the color of their skin, broner is catching a ton of heat in part because he's black, etc.

i think that the fans like to complain about any of the decisions that dont go along with their ideas of what boxing should look like, wherever they're coming from or who is making them. if you say there's a bit of extra heat on arum because he's rich, white and ***ish, i'll agree. same with haymon being black and successful.

it's gross, but it's a reality of bscene. i dont think that's the entire story, though.

andre berto got paid a hell of a lot of money for many years to fight scrubs on HBO and he was one fight away from getting floyd mayweather. people dont like that, whatever color your skin is.

russel jr fought an 8 rounder on HBO like you pointed out. that reduces the quality of the sport for the paying fan, and i think that's what's mostly responsible for the resentment against haymon

if haymon gets a chance to cash out on these guys responsibly and match them hellishly, he will, as you've alluded to. it's all about making more money.

Comment

Of course I do and we both know it will be denied to high heaven what they really mad about. Its never been in doubt what they mad at to me.

Comment

Haymon, Arum, King, all cut from the same clothe. All parasites.

Comment

Working...
                      X