Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL NSB Al Haymon managed fighters thread. Discuss & Debate!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Yeah, it's ridiculous. Not even sure where the hate comes from. He gets fighters the most money so what's the problem? And how is he worse than anyone else?
    His fighters often are never draws and are pampered by HBO or Showtime. The "hate" is overrated, but he's not perfect either. He builds fighters up with the least resistance and tries to force the networks into making them stars when they have no draw power.

I think out of his roster besides Mayweather, Paul Williams probably had the best competition of that group but he still couldn't draw people to the gate. A lot of his television fighters don't draw the best ratings either.

He picks skillful fighters and gets them paydays, but besides that how is he "advancing" their careers?

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
      I guess fighting the number one or two pound fighter is not taking a risk. Margarito was a bigger star then most haymon fighters. In his prime fought the best and avoided no one. Mayweather ran scared from him. Same with cotto in his prime fought the best. And ward is a top fighter who fights the best. Haymon fighters try to protect their 0s as long as they can having show case fights on premium networks.
      u cant call it taking a risk when ur fighting guys who are considered the top mony earners in the sport. everyone wants to fight pac and floyd. so saying its a risk is idiotic. its a payday. thats what it is.

andre ward and margarito are not stars. u used the word star stick with it. idc who u say they are stars over, they arent stars.

like i said, name a "star" who doesnt do what u say haymon fighters do. im still waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        al haymon is the best! he makes his fighters money so who cares about competitive fights right? i mean this is boxing not an actual sport. manipulating the networks into getting your fighters easy paydays is awesome!
        haymon isnt afraid of making competetive fights when it makes sense. he lets his up and coming fighters have a learning process to get acclimated to the pro ranks and then build towards tough fights like any reasonable manager or promoter. but once they are ready to step up to they do fight top guys and have hard fights, that haymon refuses to make competetive fights is a myth.

he managed paul williams ffs and he never ducked nobody or avoided a tough fight in his entire career. jermain taylor as well, same thing there. haymon wont avoid competetive fights, only with young fighters who are still learning and on the come up.

but no smart manager or promoter would throw a young and inexperienced kid to the wolves right away, thats common sense. for some reason only haymon gets heat for it.

Comment

The secrecy is weird. Obviously. The strange whoreish and somehow mildly goonish presence of Sam Watson and his sons Chad and Brandon juxtaposed against Al Haymon's undying need to play "Invisible Man" is what makes the whole thing ****ing creepy. Makes everybody involved look douchey.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
            The secrecy is weird. Obviously. The strange whoreish and somehow mildly goonish presence of Sam Watson and his sons Chad and Brandon juxtaposed against Al Haymon's undying need to play "Invisible Man" is what makes the whole thing ****ing creepy. Makes everybody involved look douchey.
            What does Watson do for Haymon?Ya the whole secrecy is weird just adds too the guy that hes come in and kinda taken over boxing yet theres all there is off him is a handful off pics on the internet

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
              His fighters often are never draws and are pampered by HBO or Showtime. The "hate" is overrated, but he's not perfect either. He builds fighters up with the least resistance and tries to force the networks into making them stars when they have no draw power.

I think out of his roster besides Mayweather, Paul Williams probably had the best competition of that group but he still couldn't draw people to the gate. A lot of his television fighters don't draw the best ratings either.

He picks skillful fighters and gets them paydays, but besides that how is he "advancing" their careers?
              And what people dont see are the fighters getting screwed on every card cause all of the money goes to one guy,not to mention the lack of decent undercards on ppvs for the very same reason.And i agree with Terry Sam and his sons are attention whores between them dlh and hopkins it almost looked like there was no room for garcia.

Comment

Comment

I can't really blame Haymon, he does his job and does it incredibly well. I do wonder sometimes if the man has blackmail on people at HBO though, his fighters always seem to be the ones HBO hypes up most, and are the ones allowed to fight the weakest opposition yet still get paid.

Comment

I often wonder if AL Haymon were AL rosenberg would we even be having these discussions. When Bob or any other promoter does the same thing, its no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                      And what people dont see are the fighters getting screwed on every card cause all of the money goes to one guy,not to mention the lack of decent undercards on ppvs for the very same reason.And i agree with Terry Sam and his sons are attention whores between them dlh and hopkins it almost looked like there was no room for garcia.
                      Its been going on a LONG time........ lol

Comment

Working...
                      X