Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL NSB Al Haymon managed fighters thread. Discuss & Debate!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    fair enough. all fine points.

if you look hard enough at bscene it does seem at times to be racially ordered. in other words, i think there are lots of people who don't like pacquiao or mayweather jr because of the color of their skin, broner is catching a ton of heat in part because he's black, etc.

i think that the fans like to complain about any of the decisions that dont go along with their ideas of what boxing should look like, wherever they're coming from or who is making them. if you say there's a bit of extra heat on arum because he's rich, white and jewish, i'll agree. same with haymon being black and successful.

it's gross, but it's a reality of bscene. i dont think that's the entire story, though.

andre berto got paid a hell of a lot of money for many years to fight scrubs on HBO and he was one fight away from getting floyd mayweather. people dont like that, whatever color your skin is.

russel jr fought an 8 rounder on HBO like you pointed out. that reduces the quality of the sport for the paying fan, and i think that's what's mostly responsible for the resentment against haymon

if haymon gets a chance to cash out on these guys responsibly and match them hellishly, he will, as you've alluded to. it's all about making more money.
    ANdre berto is an interesting point. Yeah it sucks he was able to get on HBO fighting 2nd tier fighters, but is that AL HAymon or HBO?

HBO operates its business with the idea that stars sell fights in this era. So they build stars, not great fighters. That isn't al haymon's fault. His job is to get his guys on HBO. If HBO approves Berto/Bum of the month because they think it will attract more viewers than a fight between lesser known but equally matched fighters, that is on HBO. Thay should be blamed.

Posters should be mad at HBO, not al haymon. Like I told weebler II that is like pissing in your pants and being mad at the pants.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      Haymon, Arum, King, all cut from the same clothe. All parasites.
      Al haymon????????

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
        Al haymon????????
        Manager, promoter, promoter. all equal. Exactly what I'm saying.

Comment

Al haymon????????
          What about my post did you find hard to comprehend?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            Manager, promoter, promoter. all equal. Exactly what I'm saying.
            People hate what they don't understand, not many people know much about Al to understand him

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
              What about my post did you find hard to comprehend?
              Explain why haymon is a parasite....

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                You are right, he signed with Dunkin June 1st of this year....he was with Haymon prior.
                no he wasn't I've known Jessie since his 6th fight

he was never managed by Haymon he was managed by Ellerbe while under Mayweather Promotions

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  Danny Garcia wasn't supposed to lose to Amir khan?
                  actually the main reason why he got that gig (and Josesito Lopez was in the same situation) was his influence over the promoters and networks in securing fights for his fighters after both opponents for Khan and Ortiz were removed

otherwise I think we would have seen Garcia take on a lesser opponent IMO

Comment

Explain why haymon is a parasite....
                    Does he not, like Arum and King, do whatever is necessary to secure a the most prosperous positions for his clientele even through shady means with the intention of benefiting financially regardless of how detrimental it may be to the sport?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      I often wonder if AL Haymon were AL rosenberg would we even be having these discussions. When Bob or any other promoter does the same thing, its no big deal.
                      are you alluding to race being why he gets hate?

because if so then couldn't you also say that his race can also be a reason why certain people defend him as well?

Comment

Working...
                      X