Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 Cent Now a Boxing Promoter, Expected to Sign Yuriorkis Gamboa and Andre Dirrell.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want to see Gamboa fight again. Hopefully 50 doesn't ruin his career, he better partner with some good boxing guys or he will not be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
      Thanks, Im just being real...The guy overrates himself as a business man..Puff is a business man, this guy started Ciroc, and came out with all these cool flavors, and ALL the rappers VOLUNTEERILY co-sign it, just cuz it taste so good...he put his all into his product, and man its addictive..Fifty is overrated and not smart

Comment

Why the **** would gamboa sign to a rookie promoter lol talk about making a career suicide. the **** does 50 know about the business side of boxing.
        Last edited by johncods; 07-20-2012, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
          Man u posting sigs, just because I crushed u in a debate once before, so whatever I say, u will just dissagree with, but Fif is a bad business man, and he fell from grace! He isnt hot anymore, his videogame flopped, because he didnt promote it on tv commercials, and he assumed that he could promote it on his popular website, when most people who can only afford a tv or computer, will buy a tv...so no one knew it even came out... his album flopped, but I just think its bad for fighters of this level to sign to a casual fan's new busienss venture..If u can tell me ONE good reason why its a good idea, Man I will shut up and agree with u, but the guy just became a stronger fan after Floyd beat Mosley...before that, he barely paid attention to the sport, and Floyd's fight with Oscar and Hatton, didnt inspire him to become a fan that strong...I want somebody to debate me on this one, cuz this to me, is another one of his ventures that will fail since he's not educated on his subject.
          Net worth of 250 million, his energy drink proceeds are feeding 1 billion people with the united nations in Africa. In 2010, His film company Cheetah Vision landed $200*million in funding....also everything you just wrote is all subjective. Do you know for a fact that 50 cent became a bigger boxing fan after Floyd fought Oscar? ""at age eleven, Jackson started boxing. The following year, Jackson began managing narcotics but informed his grandparents he attended school programs. During this time, he began bringing guns and drug money to school. When Jackson was fourteen years old, a neighbor opened a boxing gym for local youth. "When I wasn't killing time in school, I was sparring in the gym or selling crack on the strip", he recalled. In the mid 1980s, he competed in the Junior Olympics as an amateur boxer. He recounts, "I was competitive in the ring and hip-hop is competitive too... "...yeah 50 just got into boxing in 2007

Also name me his ventures that failed....

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            Can we all sport this sig or what? He beat me to the #TheMoneyTeam thing...
            That should be everyone's sig on the scene

Comment

Thanks, Im just being real...The guy overrates himself as a business man..Puff is a business man, this guy started Ciroc, and came out with all these cool flavors, and ALL the rappers VOLUNTEERILY co-sign it, just cuz it taste so good...he put his all into his product, and man its addictive..Fifty is overrated and not smart
              http://wblk.com/who-really-owns-ciroc/

Dude go to some rap forum with your "I Hate 50 rants"

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                Net worth of 250 million, his energy drink proceeds are feeding 1 billion people with the united nations in Africa. In 2010, His film company Cheetah Vision landed $200*million in funding....also everything you just wrote is all subjective. Do you know for a fact that 50 cent became a bigger boxing fan after Floyd fought Oscar? ""at age eleven, Jackson started boxing. The following year, Jackson began managing narcotics but informed his grandparents he attended school programs. During this time, he began bringing guns and drug money to school. When Jackson was fourteen years old, a neighbor opened a boxing gym for local youth. "When I wasn't killing time in school, I was sparring in the gym or selling crack on the strip", he recalled. In the mid 1980s, he competed in the Junior Olympics as an amateur boxer. He recounts, "I was competitive in the ring and hip-hop is competitive too... "...yeah 50 just got into boxing in 2007

Also name me his ventures that failed....
                Im about to destroy u...Wait one sec while I respond to ur comment

Comment

Because, he will basically be running the operation, I dont care who is involved with him, how can a casual fan, get a promoter's liscence, then all of a sudden sign two big fighters like andre and gamboa?..It would be hard for Oscar to promote these fighters, let alone a casual fan..I think its a horrible idea
                  Why are you saying he's a casual fan? What proof do you have that he casually follows boxing.

You sound hella salty...there are definitely more positives than negatives that can occur

Comment

dudes is readin too much into it and knee-jerkin....relax man...cats is havin fun with it...u think any of the parties involved are gonna get themselves in a multi-million dollar venture with cold feet? we don't even know if this TMT s**t is official, let alone them signing Gamboa, Dirrell or any other fighter.

A lot of these promoters are what we call Pocket Promoters...and that's exactly what 50 would be if he decides to take this seriously, an investor above anything...most of the fighters we train have co-promoters just because of this...one promotion company handles the matchmaking, contracting, event logistics etc., the other promotion funds camps, detailing, etc.
                    Last edited by MalikKnucklez; 07-20-2012, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
                      Why the **** would gamboa sign to a rookie promoter lol talk about making a career suicide. the **** does 50 know about the business side of boxing.
                      You and the rest of the people are panicking too much here. Mayweather most LIKELY has his hands in all of this... Or will have after he gets out. So this is probably as good or the same as signing to Mayweather Promotions.

Comment

Working...
                      X