Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
    it's on this site, come on man you could have found that

http://www.boxingscene.com/over-1300...artinez--55131
    That doesn't prove anything. Did you read what I said? What I said is that ticket brokers often buy up these tickets to resale them on the secondary market.
    (ie, Stubhubs).

This is nothing but press release puff. 13K tickets may have been purchased by ticket brokers and they can "say" that. But it's not like there was a mad rush of 13K people clamoring TicketMaster or whatever outlets that pruchased tickets for this.

Of course ARUM is going to spin that this fight is going to be super successful. He's the bleeping promoter for crying out loud, it's in his best interest to SELL the fight.

I'm saying lets bring sanity back. NO FIGHTER in boxing not named Pac, May, Dela Hoya or Trinidad has sold more than 500K alone.

Also, do you really think with that people are clamoring for this fight (casual fans mind you) combined with a weak undercard they have??

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
      posters like you have a hard time separating boxingscene from the real world and think everyone follows boxing to the teeth.....

yes chavez sr./martinez is a better and more serious fight than canelo/lopez but the casual fans doesnt even know or could care less about the "history" between martinez and chavez...more casual fans just seen lopez rock ortiz couple weeks ago....

you boxing nerds are just mad that schaefer being a smart business man took a page out of arum's book and put the canelo fight for free and is also at the mgm... you really think casual fans are going to turn away the mgm for the thomas mack place.... negro please

and spare the "mexicans love chavez jr".... he's ridicule in the majority of mexico.... most of mexico supports canelo
      you must not watch a lot of spanish TV or only Televisa. ESPN Deportes blasts them other on a regular basis but Chavez is gaining respect for Martinez where as people are starting to question Canelo calling him a de la Hoya's money machine "maquina de dinero".

mexican love Chavez SR like Michael Jordan SENIOR not junior.

programs like Golpe a Golpe are hardly for hardcore fans only, that'd be like saying NFL live is only for football nerds. ESPN in any language is as casual as it gets.

boxing is a bit bigger in latin america so when they cover it, it reaches a wider audience.

Comment

Originally posted by marzblkman View Post
        I'm saying lets bring sanity back. NO FIGHTER in boxing not named Pac, May, Dela Hoya or Trinidad has sold more than 500K alone.
        Cotto?
        _____

Comment

That'd be great if it did.

Comment

That doesn't prove anything. Did you read what I said? What I said is that ticket brokers often buy up these tickets to resale them on the secondary market.
            (ie, Stubhubs).

This is nothing but press release puff. 13K tickets may have been purchased by ticket brokers and they can "say" that. But it's not like there was a mad rush of 13K people clamoring TicketMaster or whatever outlets that pruchased tickets for this.

Of course ARUM is going to spin that this fight is going to be super successful. He's the bleeping promoter for crying out loud, it's in his best interest to SELL the fight.

Also, do you really think with that people are clamoring for this fight (casual fans mind you) combined with a weak undercard they have??
            then why did you ask for the link? yes casual spanish speaking fans were clamoring for this fight. you have no idea how the mexican community comes out and supports their guys. you need to look at boxing globally and not just from an american POV man

Comment

Here's my prediction. 10-12K sold. They'll probably paper(give out tickets or at a discounted rate so that it'll look good on tv) the arena since they have a competing show.

That show will have a cheaper price its featuring a REAL rising Mexican (since that's the audience that people who think this show will sell to in excess of 500K buys) during Mexican independence day where he'll more than likely win as opposed to this show.

The PPV buys won't be announced (typical of Top SKANK) but will do between 300-400K tops..

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Hitter View Post
                Cotto?
                _____
                Thats my bad and I think I said I'm forgetting one. But that does fit my point. Cotto has an ESTABLISHED fan base of buyers.

Some people here and those Top Rank fouls actually think two guys who've NEVER put on a PPV before are going to do 400K? Please...

Gatti and Mayweather who were both established only did 340K on in their first PPV. I'm just simply saying give me ONE precedent where two UNKNOWNS to casual fight fans have generated huge buys in their first PPV??

Comment

Get some cable TV people! That way u streamers can DVR the, so far, great GBP undercard and pay 65-70 for the one TR fight (hoping for good undercard still).

Problem solved. None of us are getting money from these promotional companies so as boxing fans we should be rejoicing not complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
                    then why did you ask for the link? yes casual spanish speaking fans were clamoring for this fight. you have no idea how the mexican community comes out and supports their guys. you need to look at boxing globally and not just from an american POV man
                    First of all you know nothing about me. Yes I'm citing STATESIDE figures because that's what's being used to assess the potential of this here. As far as how I see boxing globally. You have no idea where I've seen boxing around the world. for the record I've seen plenty of fights outside of North America so lets end that there.

Your source is puff piece press release that I pretty much dissected. So stop using that as your supporting piece.

That said, you're basing the rousing support of what you hear in Mexico City and Latinos in the states to push the numbers of this fight high??

Would you care to wager this since you're so convinced?

Like I said, 400K tops and if I'm wrong, hey, it won't be the first time but there's nothing historical we can gauge to say that the fight will do 400-500K for two PPV first timers.

Comment

Here's my prediction. 10-12K sold. They'll probably paper(give out tickets or at a discounted rate so that it'll look good on tv) the arena since they have a competing show.

That show will have a cheaper price its featuring a REAL rising Mexican (since that's the audience that people who think this show will sell to in excess of 500K buys) during Mexican independence day where he'll more than likely win as opposed to this show.

The PPV buys won't be announced (typical of Top SKANK) but will do between 300-400K tops..
                      Not sayin' that you are wrong (or right for that matter) but that statement badly undermines what seemed like a set of pretty reasonable arguments.

Just how, precisely, is Alvarez more of a "real" rising Mexican than Chavez Jr?

Comment

Working...
                      X