Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pernell whitaker vs floyd mayweather jr. Who wins & why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whitaker...... and it's not even close. Floyd would get KTFO like Hurtado did, probably even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
      If it would get to the point which I doubt that they were going blow for blow..again which I doubt that would of happened..Sweet Peas chin held up againts Tito Trinidad...Sweet Pea would knock him out.
      highly unlikely being floyd got a good beard himself. if think a fight between the 2 goes the distance but would feature a lot of action

Comment

I'd say Whitaker's jab and workrate would be key and he wins a close decision.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefan View Post
          highly unlikely being floyd got a good beard himself. if think a fight between the 2 goes the distance but would feature a lot of action
          Floyd has a good beard agreed its ok..Sweet Pea has a great chin. He went toe to toe with Tito Trinidad at 147..he fought big bangers, a prime DLH, Chavez..

Comment

Floyd has a good beard agreed its ok..Sweet Pea has a great chin. He went toe to toe with Tito Trinidad at 147..he fought big bangers, a prime DLH, Chavez..
            i see them as being similar being when they got caught their opponent never got that all important follow-up shot

Comment

Agreed plus no one talks about how much heart Sweet Pea had..when he fought Tito, Tito broke his jaw..and he kept fighting..going toe to toe with him as much as he could, were talking about a over he hill, Sweet Pea, PBF wouldnt be able to get anything off againts a Prime Sweet Pea.
              see this is what i mean...tito trinidad, a natural 147 lb. fighter, had height, reach, power, reflex, every advantage on a past prime pernell whitaker, who was sniffing coke by that time, and pernell whitaker, still had a prime trinidad befuddled, got trinidad's full attention with some bodyshots, he faded at the end, but still made a great accounting of himself...trinidad was a killer, and he couldn't get a past prime, coked out sweetpea outta there...

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                see this is what i mean...tito trinidad, a natural 147 lb. fighter, had height, reach, power, reflex, every advantage on a past prime pernell whitaker, who was sniffing coke by that time, and pernell whitaker, still had a prime trinidad befuddled, got trinidad's full attention with some bodyshots, he faded at the end, but still made a great accounting of himself...trinidad was a killer, and he couldn't get a past prime, coked out sweetpea outta there...
                yup..people dont realize the caliber of fighter Sweet Pea was.

Comment

Everyone always favours the guys from the past but I'm taking Floyd in this one. He's faster, more powerful and a better boxer than Pernell and he's probably smarter. The main problem I see for Floyd is that Whitaker is a southpaw. Mayweather sparred Whitaker and - not sure if it's true - it was apparently easy work.

Comment

You see when i look at PBF, I look at the ultimate student of the game, he grew up in boxing and is the most technically sound fighter out there.
                    Now when I look at Sweet Pea I see a special fighter a freak..who's reflexes were so good that he didnt even have to keep his guard up to be defensive..his vision in the ring and foot work was crazy..and it was all natural born talent stuff you cant teach..which is the main reason why I would pick him either by dec..or if Floyd tries to open up then by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
                      Everyone always favours the guys from the past but I'm taking Floyd in this one. He's faster, more powerful and a better boxer than Pernell and he's probably smarter. The main problem I see for Floyd is that Whitaker is a southpaw. Mayweather sparred Whitaker and - not sure if it's true - it was apparently easy work.
                      well, us dudes who go back with boxing, at least to the 70's like me, normally stick with the ali's, srl's, hagler's, whitaker's, etc. because, those guys seemed to find a way to beat all style's, and fighters who were faster, stronger, smarter, etc, and weren't at the luxury, of avoiding a boatload of fighters once they made their mark...

today's fighters, eeeh, i guess they are ok, but imo, are just too carefully matched, too scared to lose because of marketability...a sparring session between pernell and floyd, i understand took place when pernell was in his prime, and floyd was a pup...you think pernell would have unloaded on floyd and ruined him because floyd may have landed on him?...eh, i wouldn't take much stock in a sparring session...

Comment

Working...
                      X