Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pernell whitaker vs floyd mayweather jr. Who wins & why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by askoe View Post
    The only thing more boring than this matchup, would be a fight between Andre Ward and Chris Byrd..........
    andre ward is boring to u?

Comment

Originally posted by fitefan View Post
      i keep going back and forth on this one. i can sweet pea winning but he tends tro get overaggressive at times because of slickness. against someone like floyd that could be very costly

the fact that pea's punching power wasn't great could cause floyd to be more agressive and would make for an atg fight imo
      IF Floyd would get more aggressive that would be the worse thing he could do againts Sweet Pea, Sweet Pea had power when he sat on his punches, he just didnt have to use his power he rather make the guy miss and clown him and counter..and do this all with his guard down..he was a true defensive wizard. He droped DLH, He KO'ed Hurtado in a fight he was loosing, he hurt Tito to the body when they fought..and this a all an over the hill Sweet Pea..now a Sweet Pea in his prime..kinda like the one that got robbed againts Chavez..PBF would be out boxed in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
        andre ward is boring to u?
        Against an aggressive opponent he is not.....but against a match-spoiler like Chris Byrd he would be.... I actually always enjoyed watching Byrd though...

Comment

Flip a coin really...

Whitaker was great defensively, different than Floyd though. Floyd I think is a more accurate puncher. Speed wise, Floyd at 130-135 was quick as ****. Whitaker's speed was always really good, but may give edge to Floyd. But in all honesty, it may be a very uneventful fight based on styles.

Comment

Sweet Pea takes UD in what could be the most boring superfight ever.

Comment

Sweet Pea hands down he was so much more slick than floyd mayweather and i think he had better footwork he is just generally better at effective aggression than floyd who just backs up and counters. And i gotta go with Sweet Pea cause hes from VA

Comment

no disrespect to jose luis castillo, who i think is still floyd mayweather jr.'s, toughest opponent to date, but i don't think, anybody that floyd mayweather jr., has fought to this point, would suggest to me that he could take a decision against pernell "sweet pea" whitaker, who is a bonafide high ranking member, in the atg club...higher than roy jones imo....

here again, you have one guy, who truly didn't duck anybody, and took on and beat all styles, against a guy, who beat select fighters, once he moved into the 140 lb. division and up...

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                  no disrespect to jose luis castillo, who i think is still floyd mayweather jr.'s, toughest opponent to date, but i don't think, anybody that floyd mayweather jr., has fought to this point, would suggest to me that he could take a decision against pernell "sweet pea" whitaker, who is a bonafide high ranking member, in the atg club...higher than roy jones imo....

here again, you have one guy, who truly didn't duck anybody, and took on and beat all styles, against a guy, who beat select fighters, once he moved into the 140 lb. division and up...
                  Agreed plus no one talks about how much heart Sweet Pea had..when he fought Tito, Tito broke his jaw..and he kept fighting..going toe to toe with him as much as he could, were talking about a over he hill, Sweet Pea, PBF wouldnt be able to get anything off againts a Prime Sweet Pea.

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
                    IF Floyd would get more aggressive that would be the worse thing he could do againts Sweet Pea, Sweet Pea had power when he sat on his punches, he just didnt have to use his power he rather make the guy miss and clown him and counter..and do this all with his guard down..he was a true defensive wizard. He droped DLH, He KO'ed Hurtado in a fight he was loosing, he hurt Tito to the body when they fought..and this a all an over the hill Sweet Pea..now a Sweet Pea in his prime..kinda like the one that got robbed againts Chavez..PBF would be out boxed in this one.
                    same can be said about floyd as far as power goes. floyd would get more aggressive but it wouldn't be all out. he'd never do that unless he was in a situation like pea was against hurtado.

like that rma cat said......flp a coin as far as who wins

Comment

Originally posted by fitefan View Post
                      same can be said about floyd as far as power goes. floyd would get more aggressive but it wouldn't be all out. he'd never do that unless he was in a situation like pea was against hurtado.

like that rma cat said......flp a coin as far as who wins
                      If it would get to the point which I doubt that they were going blow for blow..again which I doubt that would of happened..Sweet Peas chin held up againts Tito Trinidad...Sweet Pea would knock him out.

Comment

Working...
                      X