No announcement yet.

Let's be real about Khan-Garcia.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
    not a lucky punch...he threw it to land and it did. But I do agree, not that Garcia didn't show us he's the better fighter on July 14th, but I still believe Khan is the more skilled of the two, if he were to settle down, work his jab more and not over commit to his combos. Play it safer, these aren't things he's not capable of doing, these are things that maybe his youth or pride keep him from doing. He is the more talented fighter of the two when he chooses to be, I have no doubt about this. But there's a reason Garcia won and it had nothing to do with luck, he was the better fighter that night.

As for Garcia, after the first round, when he went back to his corner, the look on his face was interesting in hindsight: he didn't look comfortable at all to me (maybe it's just his face), but man did he turn that **** around, started landing a few right hands in the second, then came the third and he looked far from flustered after that...he displayed real, admirable patience.
    I agree, it wasn't a lucky punch since Garcia was setting it up from the get go.

Garcia did get lucky that Khan came in with the dumbest game plan that played into Garcia's style (props to Angel for winning the mental game).

Comment

Lucky punch?

He got timed well and suffered for it. Garcia was letting Khan get comfortable by letting Khan tag him with a couple of punches so he could move in for the kill.

Timing kills .

Comment

There's no much thing as a lucky punch in Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornwall View Post
          It was a lucky punch. It happens.

Khan destroys him in the rematch. That's why Danny's dad don't want a rematch. He knows. See how he was talking and acting in the corner in the early rounds? His son was outclassed and he knew it.
          Left Hook, it's the Left Hook!!!

Comment

When your chin is made out of China it's not a good idea to brawl.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Hey there, Dan. You do realize that the TS is trolling? he's a knowledgeable boxing fan, that I'm so sure.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                Hey there, Dan. You do realize that the TS is trolling? he's a knowledgeable boxing fan, that I'm so sure.
                no.. just a viloria and kobe nuthugger..

Comment

absolutely correct. only salty fanboys say things like this. khan got timed, countered, and blasted outta there. it still for some reason cannot be accepted by his "fans"

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                    absolutely correct. only salty fanboys say things like this. khan got timed, countered, and blasted outta there. it still for some reason cannot be accepted by his "fans"
                    Even if it's not timed and just thrown with the fighters eyes closed and swining wildly and lands and knocks the guy out. It's not a "lucky" punch.

This is Boxing, the clue is in the name

Comment

Even if it's not timed and just thrown with the fighters eyes closed and swining wildly and lands and knocks the guy out. It's not a "lucky" punch.

This is Boxing, the clue is in the name
                      It's lucky to land a punch in a sport where the aim is too land punches, who would've known.

Comment

Working...
                      X