Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this Escobedo guy that Broner is fighting next week any good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
    1. no. I don't stoop to those levels I don't use someone's race or nationality against them

2. that's you and I commend you for that. However, since you've been on here long enough you know as well as I do had this been say Ponce saying things about Broner there would have been quite the commotion.

and I don't think this is about whining or whatnot more so than being fair and equal

if it's wrong for one should be wrong for all
    Boxers will say anything when it comes to trash talking. Get used to it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
      Vicente Escobedo, any news on him? Is he any good? He's 30-5.

When is Broner going to step up in competition and stop bullying unknown little guys?

I hope Broner gets knocked out.
      don't you watch boxing?funny guys like you always have something to say yet don't even know who most boxers are

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
        Boxers will say anything when it comes to trash talking. Get used to it...
        This dude is speaking the truth. When you trash talk in a sport anything is fair game.

Comment

• Originally posted by PED Salesman View Post
          I think a lot of people on both sides of this debate are wrong.

To the anti-Broner crowd: Broner's a skilled fighter, and if some want to support him based on his boxing skills alone, I don't have a problem with that. To each his own. Like it's been said, other fighters have done worse, and fans tend to overlook the offense when it doesn't hit close to home. It's understandable. I'm not going to support him my self, but I'm not going to stop anyone else from doing so.

To the pro-Broner crowd: However, just because you're fans of his boxing skills, it doesn't mean you have to try to justify his out-of-the-ring behavior. Some of you are even denying it happened, despite several others here confirming the racist tweets (that have since been taken down) and youtube videos. You don't have to be offended yourself, but don't try to say that Mexicans (or anyone else) don't have the right to be offended either. That's almost as insulting as the racists tweets themselves.

And for the record, it's pointless arguing whether the colors of his trunks were vaguely offensive, when his tweets were CLEARLY offensive...
          why should i or anyone else care about what a boxer does outside the ring?
          when someone is directly talking to someone it's not really racist, if that person is generalizing the race the yea maybe but not when they are directly talking to 1 person

Comment

• lol Broner haters getting a little desperate, the dude is only 22 years old, what is the rush? Tough Competition is Coming, Escobedo is a step up in competition actually, some of you dumba$$es don't know boxing if it does including Pacquiao or Mayweather so you wouldn't know about Escobedo...if Broner wins he said he is moving to 135...sorry but it is a good chance he dominates 135, Richard Abril and Hank Lundy would be his toughest competition IMO because of their styles, Abril defense and Lundy is very slick, but I think he would Stop Burns and UD Miguel Vazquez and Antonio DeMerco

but we shall see, but I have a feeling if he moves up and dominate 135 people will then say that Division is Weak as well Blah Blah Blah "he needs to move up to 140"

People who hate the kid will always find a reason to hate him

Comment

• Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
              why should i or anyone else care about what a boxer does outside the ring?
              when someone is directly talking to someone it's not really racist, if that person is generalizing the race the yea maybe but not when they are directly talking to 1 person
              I'm not telling you to care about anything. If I don't like what he says, that's my own business. If you want to be his fan and appreciate his skills, what do you care if I like him or not?

And it is racist when you make reference to someone's race stereotypes for an insult. For example, if Eloy calls Broner a "fried chicken eating, kool-aid drinking etc", that's racist, because that comes from a generalization about a whole group of people. Black people would obviously be offended by that, and rightfully so.

Comment

I'm not telling you to care about anything. If I don't like what he says, that's my own business. If you want to be his fan and appreciate his skills, what do you care if I like him or not?

And it is racist when you make reference to someone's race stereotypes for an insult. For example, if Eloy calls Broner a "fried chicken eating, kool-aid drinking etc", that's racist, because that comes from a generalization about a whole group of people. Black people would obviously be offended by that, and rightfully so.
                I wouldnt. I would just call him a name/slur right back. Nothing wrong with back and forth s**t talking

Comment

• Originally posted by SixFootGiant View Post
                  I wouldnt. I would just call him a name/slur right back. Nothing wrong with back and forth s**t talking
                  Why would you call him a slur if it doesn't offend you...

Comment

Why would you call him a slur if it doesn't offend you...
                    Cause that's what you do when in the middle of a back and forth. Call me a slur, i'll call you one back.

But me i'll talk about your ethnicity, race, unborn children, if you have dead family members, if you have a child with a mental defect, etc. It's all fair game

Comment

• Originally posted by SixFootGiant View Post
                      Cause that's what you do when in the middle of a back and forth. Call me a slur, i'll call you one back.

But me i'll talk about your ethnicity, race, unborn children, if you have dead family members, if you have a child with a mental defect, etc. It's all fair game
                      Well, if you would want to take it there in an argument, then that's on you. But you're not going to stop other members of his race from getting mad if they hear you throw some racist slurs back at him. If you take it there, you have to face the hate from that whole group too. Yo don't control how other people react.

Same with Broner. If he loses, and his career gets derailed (not even hating, it can happen to any fighter), he shouldn't ask why Mexicans don't buy his fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X