Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach had the wrong game plan for Khan.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    A Mere Con is a twice exposed fraud.....can't blame Roach for that.

Poet
    Roach tried to change Khans style. Big mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by titanium View Post
      Khan fans are making more excuses than Khan could.
      What excuse could they use, lmao? I haven't seen any...

Comment

say I'm crazy but Khan would do better with Sr as his training as of now, he needs better defense and a jab, he has all the tools though

Comment

Khan needed movement, but I still think that Garcia counters Khan into a stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
            Khan needed movement, but I still think that Garcia counters Khan into a stoppage.
            Movement could have saved khan but he was a ko waiting to happen, he doesn't tuck his chin and doesn't use his range well, he need sr or Stewart, Wlad chin is just as crappy but he learned from Stewart how to use range. If Khan is going to have success he needs to learn this

Comment

that left jab for khan was very good to back-up garcia. he didn't use it as much as he should. would've been much better if he tried to double that left jab to baffle garcia and avoid the left counter. he didn't use as much in-out strategy too. he just rely on his handspeed and stand toe to toe with garcia.

but then again, that weak chin will always be khan's downfall and no amount of strategy will cure that. everytime he faces a strong-chinned opponent with power, there's always a big possibility of getting ko'ed.

Comment

If you're going to stand in front of another fighter and let some leather go for long periods then you better be able to take a big shot or two in retaliation. The tactics were terrible, all wrong for a fighter like Khan.

Khan's assets: height, reach, handspeed, jab, straight-right. If you can't work out the right game plan from that list then you haven't been paying enough attention to this sport. Khan should have fought from a distance that Garcia couldn't have fought at, using his jab and straight-right almost exclusively. When Garcia gets inside, you flurry and get out. Don't think about looking spectacular or any other macho bull**** - get the job done.

Maybe Garcia would have found the mark anyway, but Khan's tactics made it easier than it should have been. As a Khan fan, I was praying he'd get the knockout early when I saw how he came out, because I knew that at one point or another he'd get tagged and be in trouble if he didn't ice Garcia first.

Comment

Freddie Roach is the wrong game plan for any fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P Opinion View Post
                    If you're going to stand in front of another fighter and let some leather go for long periods then you better be able to take a big shot or two in retaliation. The tactics were terrible, all wrong for a fighter like Khan.

Khan's assets: height, reach, handspeed, jab, straight-right. If you can't work out the right game plan from that list then you haven't been paying enough attention to this sport. Khan should have fought from a distance that Garcia couldn't have fought at, using his jab and straight-right almost exclusively. When Garcia gets inside, you flurry and get out. Don't think about looking spectacular or any other macho bull**** - get the job done.

Maybe Garcia would have found the mark anyway, but Khan's tactics made it easier than it should have been. As a Khan fan, I was praying he'd get the knockout early when I saw how he came out, because I knew that at one point or another he'd get tagged and be in trouble if he didn't ice Garcia first.
                    Good post...

Comment

Working...
                    X