No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia Drills Amir Khan in Vegas Shocker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TerrisJ3 View Post
    i know right! i always had a bad feeling about that new conditioning coach of his. tonight it became a reality.
    khans new conditioning coach was terrible! khan was looking just how he used to look at 135, very top heavy, I think it affected his performance a bit tonight also, skinny legs and big upper body is a recipe for disaster! Give credit when credit is due Ariza is a great conditioning coach, under him I think khan might have absorbed that punch a little better at the least...

Comment

• Originally posted by prophetstylez View Post
      All I have to say is I bet 1k to 1billion points to a guy on here and I won!!!!
      War Garcia!!!
      Good **** man!
      Transferring now!

Comment

• Was it just me or did it seem like Bayless was helping Khan by spending alot of time asking Khan if he was ok, wiping his gloves etc after finishing his count?
        Especially after alot of recent stoppages (not necessarily Bayless in particular, but in general) that seemed a little quick to me.

All of a sudden Bayless is Steve Smoger?

Anyhow, I'm w/the folks that say Khan showed heart and that he'll be back. He got up what, was it 3 or 4 times? Either way, that takes big nuts.

As for changing trainers, I would suggest Emmanuel Steward. Steward took the littler Klitschko and trained him to fight safe, survive and box his way to the victory.

I could see Khan being boring to watch w/alot of jabbing and hugging and me (and plenty others) b1tching about it in the forums, but winning a bunch of semi-worthless belts over a long career...

I just hope that if Khan reinvents himself he'll dispense w/the whiny, arrogant media persona and act classy like he did tonight in ignominious defeat.

Oh...and for all you folks that spent so much time making posts about how Khan would school Bradley and retire JMM, I think it's time for a new alt.

Comment

• Originally posted by pesticid View Post
          I think they should make Garcia vs Marquez now
          That's exactly what i was thinking. That would be a good fight!

Comment

• well it looks like Broner is next to be exposed

Comment

• Unbelievable. First 2 rounds looked like what we expected... the beginning of an eventual Khan victory via TKO in the late rounds. Then that happened. Amazing.

Is there a rematch clause in the contract that Amir can exercise now that he lost?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                That's what I said. Rios or what about Lopez or Bradley? I think all three of them beat Garcia pretty handily.
                I agree, I'd favor all three against Garcia right now and I'd love to watch every one of those fights. Garcia is a very good young fighter who established himself tonight but it's only a matter of time before somebody with a good chin and heavy hands makes him pay for all those wide hooks.

Comment

• oh dear,what did i say what did i say? all along ive been telling you all how ****
                  the TER*****ST is and i predicted correctly again.
                  ha ha ha hes fvxckin shiiieet, still a ****in amatuer as proven here by a light hitter too.
                  just shows how **** peterson is though,and maidana and judah etc.
                  king "khunt" has nowhere to go, all that talk "oh bloody blimey" "i bloody know floyd wants to bloody fight me" "oh deary me"
                  one word............WANKER.

Comment

• Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
                    Maybe Hopkins too, but Pacman? I'm not as delusional to say they should take Afraidweather's pic down.
                    Don't be mad that Bob Arum has been protecting Pac...

Comment

• I think Amir showed big balls and resiliency. He has the mental aspect of the chin down, not the physical part. He can take big shots from a below avg puncher and he can take big shots from a big puncher as long as he sees it or he doesn't get hit clean. Can't take a full contact punch from a guy with any power, especially if he doesn't see it. No way. His body went weak from the first big punch, and he couldn't stop Danny from loading up and getting 100% on all of his shots.

He had some real resiliency and took some huge haymakers surprisingly well when he saw them, even after he was doing the chicken dance and his body was weak. He was still there a little bit and I was impressed. He probably would have fought to the death. His chin is bad, but I think he's got enough resilency to survive in big fights, but he needs to make changes.

Amir's in a great gym and Freddie's done great work with him, but I think it's time he considers getting a new trainer and learning new things. I like what Jeff Mayweather's done with Caba, maybe him. He's gotta learn to blunt guys shots. Just don't go with Manny Steward.

Manny's a great coach, but not for Khan. I'm getting sick of him saying fighters didn't do anything wrong when they get caught in exchanges. You can't be perfect and you need to throw punches to keep a guy off you, but Amir shouldn't have been in-range or been in exchanges so often. He never should have thrown that right uppercut after his left hook from that awkward position/angle with no leverage, that's when he got caught with Danny's left hook and got hurt. I'd like to see a defensive trainer do analysis on HBO from once in a while. Virgil Hunter?

Danny Garcia's just a fighter. Much better chin. Real solid balanced out skill set. If he's timing is good and his conditioning is good he could hang with anyone at 140.

Comment

Working...
                      X