No announcement yet.

How is Amir a 1/5 favorite?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Yep that is what bookies do they balance the flow of money so they get it even on both sides, they don't want risk they just want to collect their juice~
    Sometimes that's right. Then again, sometimes it's wrong.

Not kidding ourselves, we should never believe that bookies always want equal action. A whole lot of the time, we're being fed a soft line, to entice one way action. It's our job to exploit the line when that happens.

Believe me, a Las Vegas sports book, more times than not, has NO problem having a rooting interest.

These guys who set the lines, are geniuses. And they didn't build multimillion dollar sports books from only collecting the vig.

Comment

So what do people think is good value for Garcia?
      It seems people think 1/5 for Khan is flattering for Khan but no one seems to want to bet on Garcia??
      I'm thinking I'll put money on Khan not for the returns but my own weird id (if people know what that is)

Comment

Because Garcias garbage?

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
          Sometimes that's right. Then again, sometimes it's wrong.

Not kidding ourselves, we should never believe that bookies always want equal action. A whole lot of the time, we're being fed a soft line, to entice one way action. It's our job to exploit the line when that happens.

Believe me, a Las Vegas sports book, more times than not, has NO problem having a rooting interest.

These guys who set the lines, are geniuses. And they didn't build multimillion dollar sports books from only collecting the vig.
          Sometimes but in boxing which is a tricky game it was always my feel that they do that because the lines get out of whack with reality fairly often, more so than other sports. I think they keep it real simple with boxing because that in no longer something they specialize in, and their best boxing guys are probably dying off or losing their edge.

With major sports which are easier to predict they do seem more likely to take calculated risks like you are saying. I do alright when I bet on those sports but I find it much harder to get an edge on the house than with boxing.

Just collecting the vig. is a very big bussiness when the book is doing huge volume, but hey banks other institutions take risks so why wouldn't sports books to supplement their normal income.

Comment

If anything he probably should be more like 1/8 as Garcia frankly isn't very good.

Tbh the more I see of him the more I think hes a poor mans Paulie Malignaggi that hits slightly harder but is only equipped with half the tools.

Hes just painfully average.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
              Just wondering why he is such a big favorite, are bookies making a mistake?
              Cuz he's three times faster than Garcia, and his style matches up with just about everyone, well...Garcia is a horrible fighter, this is a mismatch

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                Sometimes but in boxing which is a tricky game it was always my feel that they do that because the lines get out of whack with reality fairly often, more so than other sports. I think they keep it real simple with boxing because that in no longer something they specialize in, and their best boxing guys are probably dying off or losing their edge.

With major sports which are easier to predict they do seem more likely to take calculated risks like you are saying. I do alright when I bet on those sports but I find it much harder to get an edge on the house than with boxing.

Just collecting the vig. is a very big bussiness when the book is doing huge volume, but hey banks other institutions take risks so why wouldn't sports books to supplement their normal income.
                Agree 100%. I was basing my opinion on sports as a whole, rather than on boxing alone.

Let me tell you, I've talked myself out of MANY boxing bets, because I started to over think it, and try to out smart the odds makers. Only to realize later, that I missed out on cashing a ticket because of my inability to keep it simple.

Comment

He is a big favorite because Khan has fought much better opposition.

Comment

NO IDEA
                    I MEAN i think hel win but no way 5 ta 1 wtf

i just dont get amir

hes supposta be the next great thing and keeps droping the ball !

he got brutally koed in 60 sec by prescott of all ppl

comes back does well but loses clearly to peterson whos not even p4p material

and still gets all this credit and maybe a mayweather shot wtf!!!!

hes good just not nearly as good as he says and keeps getting hyped up
                    if he loses tonight THAT IS IT I dont even wanna hear his name anymore !!!!!

cmon who gets this many chances
                    hes like a britsh zab judah !

except zab got ktfo by kosta tszyu not BREDIS PRESCOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Comment

That's what a 1/5 favorite looks like, dude is a joke

Comment

Working...
                      X