Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The difference between simple elite & business elite, in my opinion however unpopular

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
    fight guys like pac or martinez instead of ortiz? ortiz the 1 win wonder yeah this is gonna be good fight.....and you know rankings don't mean anything anymore. how was cotto ranked 1 with his crap resume? how is canelo ranked 2 right now?
    I get ya. but what else should he go by? He doesnt rank them. But isnt that what the #1 is supposed to do? U say rankings dont mean anything but whats pac and martinez ranking? see what i mean. But my original statement was that he doesnt really have anymore to do. In other words say he scraps pac and martinez, then what? what legacy enhancing fights does he realistically have left?

Comment

• Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
      hold up, whoa der pimpin! I never said it wasnt make able at 154. In fact, i would love to see this fight because i honestly believe its one floyd can and would win. A bit tougher at 160. That said, you were saying that Ward is fighting Dawson who is the best in each respective weightclass which is one weight class apart. Floyd and Martinez is two. no matter how u slice it Martinez is a middleweight who weighs in at 158 (165 on fight night). Floyd is a ww who went into a 154 pound fight weighin 151 (147 on fight night). Thats ww vs mw. But dont get me wrong it can be done as i believe ortiz weighed around 160 sumthin in his fight with floyd if im not mistaken. I was just going off of your original statements in fighting the best a weight class apart is all.

i kinda look at it like this: Floyd paid his dues and doesnt really have anymore to do. Ward is still tryna stake his claim. Ward beating Dawson at 168 is a great win for ward. If Dawson wins Great win for Dawson. If Floyd beats Khan, its a GOOD/great (depending on how khan looks against garcia) But if Khan came up in his first fight at 147 and beat floyd?as of now NO WIN WARD EVER GETS WILL BE GREATER.
      I honestly & truly have no problem with that. Floyd sure can fight who he wants. But to hog the #1 spot & have him there for years on end when he's basically fighting whoever he wants is what I don't like. Which goes back to the original point of business elite against an elite fighter that cannot pick whoever they choose, throw it on ppv & say wow, look at that he beat so & so amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        and amir khan is a bigger guy than floyd mayweather.

taller, slightly longer reach, was a monster LW only when he was young. will finish his career as a WW with muscle or perhaps even at 154.

if this were 1950 they would both be WWs
        Man you guys really like to defend Floyd .... Don't you get that Khan has never fought above 140 therefore we don't know what he can do there let alone face someone like Floyd?

Khan should be fighting several good quality opponents to show us that he can fight at 147 before taking on a Floyd.

Floyd keeps on taking these guys that have very little or no fights at WW and you guys keep on defending him.

Comment

Working...
        X