No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Celebrates His Fourth ESPY Award Victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
    Funny how nobody in this thread mentions the fact that numErous fighters have been caught using peds since mayweather started his Olympic style testing crusade! F u kkin fake ass fans claiming you love the sport!!! If is wasnt for Floyd implementing random testing none of these cheaters would have got caught! And we still have numerous fighters who won't even talk about random testing let alone take a random test

Love him or hate him mayweather has changed the sport of boxing and got an entire generation following the sport
    that cuz floyd didnt press the issue until he was potentially facing pacq.
    he goes the first 40 fights w/o even worrying about it. then all of a sudden
    he cares! hell he potentially fought 40 (knowingly or unknowingly) drug cheats and still won. he verywell could have been knowingly or unknowingly using himself! which could have had something to do with this
    perfect record! you never know! but dont credit him for something that he just suddenly implemented when he didnt follow that protocol His entire career! Yes there will always be drug cheats, but with todays arraying supplements these guys could very well be using banned substances w/o
    knowing theres traces of something else! Hell a couple months ago, i read on headline news about babies testing positive for THC marijuana, due to some chemical compound in a certain baby formula! If the general public actually was tested for performance enhancing drugs and steroids, im sure we'd be surprised at the results of the vast array of genders and ages of those who tested positive for something, UNKNOWINGLY

Comment

This award is biased. They gave it to Mayweather because he is from the US. He doesn´t generate money in the fights alone. People pay to see his foe too. I´m sure Cotto had more fans because of the Ricans and other Latinos. Besides, making tons of money deserves you getting an award? Whatta twisted society. Mayweather may be very technical and a great athlete but his fights are boring as hell and controversial. He defeated Ortiz via a cheapshot. He received a gift fighting Cotto, it should have been a draw. Cotto was on the verge of losing with Margarito if it weren´t for the eye problem.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
        This award is biased. They gave it to Mayweather because he is from the US. He doesn´t generate money in the fights alone. People pay to see his foe too. I´m sure Cotto had more fans because of the Ricans and other Latinos. Besides, making tons of money deserves you getting an award? Whatta twisted society. Mayweather may be very technical and a great athlete but his fights are boring as hell and controversial. He defeated Ortiz via a cheapshot. He received a gift fighting Cotto, it should have been a draw. Cotto was on the verge of losing with Margarito if it weren´t for the eye problem.
        I hope you're trolling. If not, you are very stupid.

Comment

For all the people saying Mayweather is the most hated boxer there is... you realize that the espy's are pretty much all done on fan voting right? You have to get votes to win and if no one likes him... no one would have voted. Just thought I'd point that out... he's like LeBron.... hate him or love him... you still gotta respect what he's done for the game.

Comment

Though forgot to add, in response to my last post... Andre Ward deserved it, but you can't be too mad at the decision. He is a tremendous fighter... but he doesn't ooze star power, which isn't going to get him many votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
              For all the people saying Mayweather is the most hated boxer there is... you realize that the espy's are pretty much all done on fan voting right? You have to get votes to win and if no one likes him... no one would have voted. Just thought I'd point that out... he's like LeBron.... hate him or love him... you still gotta respect what he's done for the game.
              It is all fan voting, ESPN would never NEVER give any award to Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                It is all fan voting, ESPN would never NEVER give any award to Floyd.
                That's exactly my point. If he has no fans and is hated by everyone like some posters are saying... he'd never win. This delusion that because you dislike an athlete everyone must is a bit absurd. There are plenty of boxers I dislike as people but they're talented and have a fan base, just like Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by kill the body View Post
                  Isn't Floyd a 8 time champion?
                  Some people dont count the fact mayweather won the WBC 147 title twice. The 1 thing I dont understand is mayweather won the IBO 147 title but that isn't classed as a world title 4 him but pacquiao won the IBO 140 title n it's classed as a world title , wouldn't that make mayweather a 9 time world champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                    Have the PPV numbers for Pacquiao-Bradley been released yet? It has been two and a half months.

Mayweather Cotto numbers were released in five days
                    Pac-Bradley and Mayweather-Cotto were viewed by basically the same amount of people.

Mayweather-Cotto did 1.5Million PPV's, and I will take a wild guess and say 300k illegal streamers. Which equals to 1.8Million viewers[not counting the 10-30 people watching one TV]. Pac-Bradley sold 300k PPV's, and viewed by 1.5Million illegal streamers.

[Some of these #'s are false and are for entertainment purposes only].

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                      Some people dont count the fact mayweather won the WBC 147 title twice. The 1 thing I dont understand is mayweather won the IBO 147 title but that isn't classed as a world title 4 him but pacquiao won the IBO 140 title n it's classed as a world title , wouldn't that make mayweather a 9 time world champion.
                      Different standards. What's a good win for Pacquiao, is a cherrypick for Mayweather. A big event for Pacquiao, is a glorified tune up for Mayweather. The high standard list goes on.

Comment

Working...
                      X