No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux vs gamboa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
    Gamboa, if all goes well, would most likely be headlining a pretty major fight within the next 2 years. He, unlike Rigo, has a very solid following, stateside and internationally. Not to mention most of the fish he wants to fry are in the upper classes anyway. Rigo doesn't have as much wiggle room.
    You probably know more about the matter than anybody but if he does go with Mayweather, I don't see why he wouldn't be on his next PPV. I mean, you got Mayweather showing off Vargas and Latimore, so why not Gamboa? That's mad exposure under Mayweather PPV's and I don't doubt him headlining something big.

Comment

Lol it's just not really an appetizing fight to be honest with you. Too much would get made about the "style match up" but we all know Gamboa isn't gonna fight Rigo the way that he's walked through all the other guys. We even seen him time himself better against DeLeon, who still a crafty lil sumb!tch in his own right.
      Also, if these guys were the same size it would be a more realistic match up but as you pointed out, the size difference is probably too much.

Esta gente no saben como los Cubanos exageran. Of course they gonna say so and so schooled so and so. Especially if they like one more than the other.

Comment

the best should always fight each other regardless of country or stable or whatever.i would love to see nonito vs mikey Garcia and pac vs amir khan and of course rigo vs gamboa

Comment

That's fine...i'm not here to argue with what ya mans n em said, i don't know them. And a sparring session doesn't mean much....some of the dudes in our stable have "given" it to a lot of current and former beltholders during sparring...i'm not gonna sit here and say the guys at my gym are gonna toss them an ass whoopin for 12 rounds in a professional championship match. It's just unrealistic. You walk into any grassroots Cuban gym here in Miami and you are gonna hear a million & one Rigondeaux/Gamboa stories. A lot of gym war stories come with an ounce of truth and a pound of hyperbole, i'm sure you know this.

I know both of them.
          But u don't need to be around their scene to know Guillermo is simply the more skilled boxer. That's obvious. But like i said, in a professional match , technical prowess is only half the battle. Gamboa, although not much bigger height-wise, is still the physically stronger and more agile guy. Like, p4p agile and physical. Guillermo isn't, he's small for 122 as is.

True.
          As far as them going at it. Yes rigo is much smaller but I see Rigo outboxing him and if Gamboa starts really opening up I can see rigo having to stop fighting down to hid opponents level and show his true colors for more than spurts at a time but yes gamboa is physically more agile but rigo is just as skilled physically its simply the style contrast is so vast that the physical ability is seen more in gamboa because that's his thing where as rigo IMO uses it sparingly and gravitates more towards the thinking mans fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            Esta gente no saben como los Cubanos exageran. Of course they gonna say so and so schooled so and so. Especially if they like one more than the other.
            lol feel me? If Nationals said anything Barthelemy would've been p4p 1 right now

As far as buddy who said that the best should fight the best regardless of country...i'll subscribe to that when the guys in their OWN divisions stop duckin em,....it's hard enough just getting a hand full of these Goldmines to defect...why I wanna pin them against each other?

Especially the cream of the crop. I'm not taking anything away from Lara or Solis or Hernandez or Abril or any of my other Cubans....but make no mistake about it...Rigo & Gamboa are in a class of their own

Comment

Gamboa sparks Rigo, but Donaire sparks both of them out

Comment

Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
                Gamboa sparks Rigo, but Donaire sparks both of them out
                Lol for ur trolling sake u better hope Gamboa never gets his hands on Nonito lil n***a.....u wanna talk interesting match-ups...talk Rigo-Donaire...the one that should be getting made..

understand that Gamboa will perform a hysterectomy on Nonito on live television...ya dig?....understand that Gamboa and Nonito at 126 is an innocent white girl in an alley with Ted Bundy...ya dig?....understand...that Gamboa-Nonito at 126 will be vanglorious...like the swift, but thunderous backhand I will give you if that fight is ever made....

yeah, u dig.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  Also, if these guys were the same size it would be a more realistic match up but as you pointed out, the size difference is probably too much.

Yo se como son los cubanos. Y no solo cubanos pero todo hispano es asi dejate de eso. Todo hispano exagera pero este individuo es Hombre bien tranquilo y respetuoso. Such character no es de mentir. Pero de cualquier manera es palabra de boca por supuesto. Yo solo estoy repetiendo lo que me ha dicho un seņor respetuoso no un hablador. Whatever. The case is I don't see a Cakewalk for either fighter and either fighter can get washed.

Comment

MaDu where u stay at?

Comment

Lol for ur trolling sake u better hope Gamboa never gets his hands on Nonito lil n***a.....u wanna talk interesting match-ups...talk Rigo-Donaire...the one that should be getting made..

understand that Gamboa will perform a hysterectomy on Nonito on live television...ya dig?....understand that Gamboa and Nonito at 126 is an innocent white girl in an alley with Ted Bundy...ya dig?....understand...that Gamboa-Nonito at 126 will be vanglorious...like the swift, but thunderous backhand I will give you if that fight is ever made....

yeah, u dig.
                      That fight will never happen now that Gamboa isn't with top rank anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X