Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner is the ****

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's very talented no doubt. What he did to Eloy was very impressive. If only he would stop trying to steal Floyds career.

Comment

He's a great talent. Focus on his in ring skills and he could be great

Comment

The one time Broner fought anyone with a pulse (Ponce De Leon), he was beaten and given a gift decision. He does have the skills, but he needs to start fighting real fighters and not these human punching bags that he's being fed.

Comment

i like broner a lot. im definitely a fan of his. he is a work in progress and will only get better.

IMO, broner's "swag" is more geniune. its kinda like the st. louis vibe. i like how broner's confidence and ****iness is in a humorous way, and the kid is genuinely WITTY.

floyd on the other hand seems forced... and his ****iness has a more negative vibe that ive NEVER gotten used too. i dont remember floyd being this desperate when he was "pretty boy" floyd. floyd was the good guy in the era where zab was the bad guy... zab was REAL. floyd nowadays seems to be a LONELY bratty kid throwing temper tantrums. ellerbe & floyd went on record to admit that the "money" persona was CREATED to gain more fans. and it worked. so yeah... geniune? no.

in terms of skills, floyd owns ALL DAY. but broner shows a lot of promise, reminds me of 130's floyd. love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            The one time Broner fought anyone with a pulse (Ponce De Leon), he was beaten and given a gift decision. He does have the skills, but he needs to start fighting real fighters and not these human punching bags that he's being fed.
            definitely... he has A LOT to prove. but as a fan, you gotta recognize the kids talent and gifts. hopefully he doesnt disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              I'm reserving judgement until he fights someone like Rios.
              Wtf thats the best challenge you can come up with? **** that lol.

Id say beat Judah or Magdaleno and then we can talk. Or DeMarco even if you wanna see him vs a pressure fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by waxfondler View Post
                i like broner a lot. im definitely a fan of his. he is a work in progress and will only get better.

IMO, broner's "swag" is more geniune. its kinda like the st. louis vibe. i like how broner's confidence and ****iness is in a humorous way, and the kid is genuinely WITTY.

floyd on the other hand seems forced... and his ****iness has a more negative vibe that ive NEVER gotten used too. i dont remember floyd being this desperate when he was "pretty boy" floyd. floyd was the good guy in the era where zab was the bad guy... zab was REAL. floyd nowadays seems to be a LONELY bratty kid throwing temper tantrums. ellerbe & floyd went on record to admit that the "money" persona was CREATED to gain more fans. and it worked. so yeah... geniune? no.

in terms of skills, floyd owns ALL DAY. but broner shows a lot of promise, reminds me of 130's floyd. love it.
                real talk!!!! ...green!!

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                  Broner is the one who can't fight and was beat up by Ponce De Leon in a fight in which he got a gift robbery decision. He lost that fight and everybody agrees. Oscar types are the ones that keep the sport alive. Are you really excited to see another spoon fed opponent lose to Broner? A nobody? A total mismatch? Is that what boxing is to you?

Say what you want but the fact is Oscar fought anybody, anytime. Put the petty differences away "He made this guy fight at 154" well Oscar had no problem moving weight to fight bigger guys either. Oscar fought every name in the game aside from Winky Wright at the time, and that's why people loved him, even though it did bring some L's to his record.

Say what you want about Ortiz but he is willing to fight big names and he has. So he lost to Maidana, Maidana is tought. He lost to Floyd, the best fighter in the game. Ortiz would also be willing to step into the ring with anybody out there without hesitation. He even called out Maidana for a rematch but never got it.

People like Broner, Berto, Chavez Jr are the trash of the sport and what make it suck. You like seeing guys like Broner beat up nobodies? Or Berto fight Freddy Hernandez and duck his way out of an old Mosley fight? More power to you. As for real fans, we want to see good fighters fight other good fighters cause thats what makes a good fight and at the end of the day somebody has to lose. At least Oscar types like Ortiz are willing to put it on the line - Broner is not. You think he'd ever fight PDL again or a guy like him? Pressure fighter beats Broner easily, as we saw some rounds vs PDL he literally did nothing.

Do you even watch boxing? Or are you just a Mayweather/Mayweather clone fan boy? Broner's character also sucks, as it is just a straight rip off of Mayweather. I love Mayweathers persona because it's original. Broner is like the wal mart brand of Soda and Mayweather is the Coke. Get a clue!!
                  Now this is what you call Real Talk!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                    Broner is the one who can't fight and was beat up by Ponce De Leon in a fight in which he got a gift robbery decision. He lost that fight and everybody agrees. Oscar types are the ones that keep the sport alive. Are you really excited to see another spoon fed opponent lose to Broner? A nobody? A total mismatch? Is that what boxing is to you?

Say what you want but the fact is Oscar fought anybody, anytime. Put the petty differences away "He made this guy fight at 154" well Oscar had no problem moving weight to fight bigger guys either. Oscar fought every name in the game aside from Winky Wright at the time, and that's why people loved him, even though it did bring some L's to his record.

Say what you want about Ortiz but he is willing to fight big names and he has. So he lost to Maidana, Maidana is tought. He lost to Floyd, the best fighter in the game. Ortiz would also be willing to step into the ring with anybody out there without hesitation. He even called out Maidana for a rematch but never got it.

People like Broner, Berto, Chavez Jr are the trash of the sport and what make it suck. You like seeing guys like Broner beat up nobodies? Or Berto fight Freddy Hernandez and duck his way out of an old Mosley fight? More power to you. As for real fans, we want to see good fighters fight other good fighters cause thats what makes a good fight and at the end of the day somebody has to lose. At least Oscar types like Ortiz are willing to put it on the line - Broner is not. You think he'd ever fight PDL again or a guy like him? Pressure fighter beats Broner easily, as we saw some rounds vs PDL he literally did nothing.

Do you even watch boxing? Or are you just a Mayweather/Mayweather clone fan boy? Broner's character also sucks, as it is just a straight rip off of Mayweather. I love Mayweathers persona because it's original. Broner is like the wal mart brand of Soda and Mayweather is the Coke. Get a clue!!
                    realist post in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by gatagata View Post
                      He's very talented no doubt. What he did to Eloy was very impressive. If only he would stop trying to steal Floyds career.
                      How was that impressive? Eloy has no skills and was way too small and slow. That was like when Oscar fought a small skill lacking Gatti. He looked good, but was it really that impressive? Not in my book as Gatti was toast before the fight even started - he didn't even have a punchers chance and neither did Eloy.

Comment

Working...
                      X