No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Freddie Roach: Kayode vs. Green ‘Perfect Fight for Us’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Freddie Roach: Kayode vs. Green ‘Perfect Fight for Us’

Freddie Roach, trainer of cruiserweight contender Lateef Kayode, is targeting Australia’s Danny Green for the fall.

“It’s the perfect fight for us,” the Hall of Fame cornerman told BoxingScene.com. “[Antonio] Tarver took Green’s belt. He feels like he deserves a shot, and we’re the ones to give it to him.”

Green (31-5, 27 KOs), now 39 years old, is coming off consecutive stoppage losses to Tarver and Krzysztof Wlodarczyk but is still a draw Down Under. Roach is very familiar with Green, who once went to war with James Toney in an infamous 2004 sparring session at the trainer’s Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lol.... No more HBO talk???

"I want to become world champion on Showtime"

I'm sure u do hahaha

Comment

if i was a cruiserweight i'd want to go down under to fight danny green. you will get paid handsomely there. he is a good draw so i'd definitely target green.

Comment

... Only catch to this masterplan is Green returning to the 175 ranks against Santiago in a fortnight.

Comment

When I first read the title, I thought they were talking about ALLAN Greene

Comment

Comment

"Superman" Roy Jones Jr. wants a shot at Lateef Kayode before he decides to go down under according to 8CN.

"Tarver would then test positive for steroids after the fight vacating the title. Roy Jones is coming off of back to back wins over Max Alexander and Polish brawler Pawel Glazewski.

Jones told 8CN that not only would he fight Kayode for the belt, but he would fight “anyone” for the belt."

Jones shared his thoughts on Kayode this evening, “ I think he is a great prospect and he showed a lot of promise against Tarver. He is a strong and dangerous puncher, but that's the kind of fighter a champ must conquer.”

Comment

Working...
              X