Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you knock Floyd for taking a tuneup fight after getting out of jail?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's on regular HBO and not PPV, sure.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      If it's on regular HBO and not PPV, sure.
      Vs khan?

Comment

Malignaggi or winner of Alexander-Bailey in MSG or Barclay's Center on CBS!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Lmao Floyd apologists already making excuses.

He's a world class athlete (and ducker) so yeah, I would hold it against him. But then again his last 2 fights have been tuneups. Did you really think a post plaster, post Pacquiao, post prime Cotto was a real challenge? Well he did go to war with Cotto.

Comment

Pac would be a good tune up but he keeps ducking Floyd until Arumn cant stooge his fans any more , then he will cash in and Floyd will expose the hype job once and for all .

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
              Would you expect Mayweather to get out of jail and take a big fight right away? If he did not take a big fight right away and took a tune up fight would you fault him for that?
              lol he only fights, or has fought once a year.

besides i don't think he needs a tuneup for 90 day absence.

Comment

Nah.

His last fight was a good Cotto.

Before that was an Ortiz comin' off domination of Berto.

Was Shane a tune up at that time?

Before that was JMM. Juan Manuel fuggin' Marquez. Floyd made JMM look bad. Who does that? WTF else needs sayin'?

When he fought fuggin' Baldomir I gave him mass **** on multiple boards.

Fantasyfightwise, there are some guys that I would pick over PBF.

Fine.

But at this point and considering the era in which he fights, FMJ is due for an easy fight, no problem and I don't even like his facade...

Comment

If he fights before the Canelo Cinco de Mayo 2013 date I can see him fighting Guerrero late this year.

Schaefer and GBP have been trying to create interest for this fight ever since Guerrero beat Katsidis. That's what the Aydin fight is for, that's what all the manufactured publicity they've tried to get him before Floyd's last fight was for.

You know they want to milk Floyd with as many of their fighters as possible before feeding Canelo and Khan to him to make as much off Floyd's fights as possible before he retires.

Guerrero would make sense against Floyd straight out of jail for a tuneup as Guerrero won't pass as a legitimate opponent under any other circumstance having never beaten anyone above 135 and not having fought in over a year.

Comment

Yes id knock him, as he is only in jail for 3 months for goshs sake. He isnt going to fight as soon as he steps foot out of his cell. He will have 6 months to prepare for a fight like he usually does. When he is in jail he can think of boxing 24/7, unlike Pac who has so many interests and responsibilities.

So he wants a tune up, and then we wait another year for him to fight?

Jail is good for him as it keeps him on the straight and narrow.
                    Last edited by hugh grant; 07-08-2012, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks Mayweather could beat Pacquiao even without a tuneup? Especially the Pacquiao that has shown up in the last few outings?

Comment

Working...
                      X