• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
    I think it's a model very few can take though

Oscar
    Floyd
    Manny (but he would have to have a good team around which is something I ponder)
    Cotto (shown he can do it for one fight)
    manny isnt going anywhere..... lets all be honest here, manny is not the brightest of them all.... not to mention he has his adviser/manager working for arum....

Comment

That means business is about to pick up for Lopez...

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
        manny isnt going anywhere..... lets all be honest here, manny is not the brightest of them all.... not to mention he has his adviser/manager working for arum....
        did I say he was?

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
          and Koncz isn't his advisor manager anything more than what TR asks him to do, keep tabs on Manny

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            That means business is about to pick up for Lopez...
            agreed

now that he has a powerful guy like Al looking out for him I hope he secures his future

I've known Jose and Henry for years and they're great people so I hope this goes well for them

Comment

Good for him.

Comment

agreed

now that he has a powerful guy like Al looking out for him I hope he secures his future

I've known Jose and Henry for years and they're great people so I hope this goes well for them
                I think everything will go well for Lopez..One thing can be said for Haymon,he is a great businessman...

Comment

nope I have actually had a few small talks with him but never more than a sentence or two
                  I need to get in contact with him, do you know how I could get his number? My mobile phone contract is about to expire and, if his work with Andre Berto is anything to go on, the man can make it so that they're paying me every month instead of the other way.

Comment

get used to seeing him on the networks.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      lol, hes such an unassuming guy, more like the meyer lansky of the sport. say what u want about the guy but its hard not to respect his business acumen.

any idea on the reason him and arum dont have a tenable relationship?
                      Haymon's influence extends well beyond boxing and so do his connections. For some reason, he's made out to be some sort of hustler or shady dude but he is a brilliant, well educated middle-aged man who came up with many of those situated in positions of power in different fields. His contacts are wide ranging and he has a great business model. It just so happens he chooses to shy from the cameras. Haymon's story is a great one and there is a lot more to it but the fact is, until someone gets him to fill in the blanks (something that hasn't been done since 1989, I believe) there's no point in divulging more.

That said, there probably is some deeper reason but from what the outsider can see, the rift between Haymon and Arum became irreparable when Floyd jumped ship. It was Haymon in Floyd's ear and I believed he put up the funds so Floyd could exercise the out clause in his Top Rank contract. It's not like Haymon and Arum haven't done business since (Pavlik-Taylor I & II) but when it comes to Floyd, there will always be a problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X