Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather's worst performance.. Cotto, Castillo, De La Hoya, Judah?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought he made the fight with De La Hoya a boring fight. I felt like he should have made himself look more exciting.I thought I was going to see the same offense like he displayed agains't Gatti agains't Oscar. Well with all that s**t he talked.

Comment

Cmon Flatline lol, with this nonsense post to clown on Floyd. I don't know what Cotto-Floyd fight you are watching but it wasn't the one the rest of the world saw. At no point was Floyd, hurt, rocked, buzzed, scared, lost, etc. Wow Cotto bloodied his nose and the haters erupt like something happened lol please. Floyd won 10-2 at worst against a 154lb, solid, strong, great shape, coming off of wins Cotto ok? So enough with this.

However, to play along with your game, I would say the 1st Castillo fight which was highly competitive. The word "worst" is the wrong word to choose though, maybe the "closest" or "most competitive" fight would be more accurate. Floyd has never performed poorly, just some fighters have been more competitive than others. Poor performance are from missed shots, bad footwork, no game plan, unable to adjust, etc. Floyd has not exhibited any of that, don't get it twisted son lol.

Comment

I wouldn't say worst performance but his least impressive was Castillo. Going up in weight to fight the number 1 guy at 135 and beating him with 1 arm is impressive..

Comment

The first Castillo fight is IMO the only fight he's come close to losing, so that must be his worst night he's had in his career. But he claimed he was injured and it seemed so, and also gave him an immediate rematch and beat him comfortably so it's been put to bed as far as im concerned.

Comment

I would have to agree with the other poster who mentioned the Burton/Agustus fight. That was the only fight I remember seeing Floyd look frustrated. He clearly won, but Agustus did not make it a cruise control victory for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by freudianslip View Post
              Castillo beat Floyd. So Castillo.

Though Floyd didn't look particularly stellar against De La Hoya.
              Actually Castillo didn't beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                What was Mayweather's worst showing in the ring? I'm re-watching the Cotto fight now and he's looking shakier than I remembered in this one. The De La Hoya fight though, I thought was the most evenly matched fight of his career but Floyd didn't look as bad as he did in the Cotto fight. Tough one to call..
                This must be a troll post or Floyd hater.

Comment

Mayweather's so great that an A- performance is rated like an F.

This ladies and gents is why people say Floyd is on another level than any fighter fighting today.

Like he said in an interview I recently watched, Ali was hated too and now they respect him. He also stated that if you want to see just how powerful he is, you will see that when he fights Pac, he will have President Obama carry his belt. (Assuming ol' Bob allows Pac to fight Floyd while Obama is president lol)

Comment

i think it was against Oscar

Comment

De La Hoya.

He was throwing one punch at a time and allowed himself to get pinned against the ropes to often.

I don't think he performed "poorly" against Castillo. Castillo is a helluva fighter and should be given full credit for his performance that night.

Comment

Working...
                      X