No announcement yet.

Who's the better Mexican superstar??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Chavez has grown on me, but ginger?? No ****ing way.

you dont think he's improving?
    he is getting better. i can understand your dissapointment with the guys he's fighting, but to be personal about it (calling him ginger for example,) is off base, given that he does not pick who he fights.

some of it is experience he's getting from these guys (again, i would match him tougher if i made the decisions, but i don't,) but most of it is that he's becoming a man.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      Bruh, I don't think he's beaten a legit JWW or WW?

Shane was like the 10th ranked WW.

Who knows where Gomez was. Cotto??

I'm not even sure Lopez is a top 10 WW??

Before the Ortiz fight, he lost to Vargas... I thought he maybe could've pulled it out, but he lost. Was he even a top 5 JWW when he fought Vargas?

I'm not sure.

rhodes was ranked four or five when canelo fought him and he sucks

were you watching boxing then?

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        rhodes was ranked four or five when canelo fought him and he sucks

were you watching boxing then?
        Did I mention anything about Rhodes?

I'm obviously talking about JWW and WW's here.

I've been watching boxing before you were born. Just because I refuse to agree with your silly BBC thoughts and red k you for it doesn't take away from that I liked you as a poster at one point.

Understand that you accepting/defending and finding some kind of reasoning behind anything GBP does is wrong.
        Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 07-10-2012, 11:48 AM.

Comment

he is getting better. i can understand your dissapointment with the guys he's fighting, but to be personal about it (calling him ginger for example,) is off base, given that he does not pick who he fights.

some of it is experience he's getting from these guys (again, i would match him tougher if i made the decisions, but i don't,) but most of it is that he's becoming a man.
          He does seem to be improving and he really might be the goods imo, but no hard questions can be answered until he accepts a real challenge. More than one probably.

As to who picks his fight, at some point the fighter is the captain of his own ship. He's gotta' take responsibility for the deals that are made in his name.

Comment

I never said anything about improving. You quoted me saying Chavez has grown on me while ginger hasn't.

But do I think ginger is improving?? I honestly don't know. I mean he went from almost being dropped by Miguel Cotto's lightweight brother (in his weightclass), to decisioning a shot, faded, war torn Shane Mosley while Mosley remained competitive. Kind of hard for me to make a decision on how much he improved based of of that.

Comment

• Wow did ya'll see that dude whirldwind?? He actually made a tread hating on Floyd fans this morning. Like there aren't current events happening that boxing fans should be more concerned with. I had to post this post in this tread cause his is too stupid to post in, LOL!!

Comment

• alvarez.
                lol @ the poll options.

Comment

• Both have no amateur back rounds, but Canelo has a lot more potential and his skills are becoming more apparent every fight.

I wouldn't say Chavez has faught better opposition, in fact I would say about the same for the exception of Chavez finally fighting Martinez. Except for that Canelo has a much brighter future ahead of him.

If a catch-weight fight occurred, I believe Canelo would KO Junior. Huge difference in power and doped; Canelo punchs threw his opponents head, not just at them!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
                    Both have no amateur back rounds, but Canelo has a lot more potential and his skills are becoming more apparent every fight.

I wouldn't say Chavez has faught better opposition, in fact I would say about the same for the exception of Chavez finally fighting Martinez. Except for that Canelo has a much brighter future ahead of him.

If a catch-weight fight occurred, I believe Canelo would KO Junior. Huge difference in power and doped; Canelo punchs threw his opponents head, not just at them!
                    Is this sarcasm, cause you cannot be serious?? Right??

Comment

• They're both garbage tbh, Chavez Jr is gonna lose by vicious KO to Martinez and Canela will get his jaw broken by Lopez. I hope this happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X