No announcement yet.

canelo KILLS lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    again, the guy signed deals to fight ortiz, williams, and kirkland. they arent elite right now, but they're solid fighters and certainly not below a 22 year old.
    If you are a Champion the age is not an excuse, stop with age, Benitez won his first belt against a HOF when he was 17 years old, Tyson, Patterson, Morales, Barrera and a lot of fighters has won their belt when 20 years old and from that day on they had face only the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post
      If you are a Champion the age is not an excuse, stop with age, Benitez won his first belt against a HOF when he was 17 years old, Tyson, Patterson, Morales, Barrera and a lot of fighters has won their belt when 20 years old and from that on they had face only the best.
      you named not only first ballot hall of famers, but bonafide ATG's. you scoff at the kid, yet you compare him to gods as if not stacking up to them is some sort of indictment. it's unbelievable, man. it really is.

wilfred benitiez was the greatest young fighter of all time. all time.
      do you hear anybody calling canelo alvarez that? do you hear anybody even calling him a complete product? he's not ready. that is the whole point. mike tyson was fully grown and matured when he was 18 years old. he had been boxing for years under one of the planet's greatest living trainers. and he fought plenty of soft touches both coming up and throughout his career.

stop with the "champion" stuff. is that what's bogging you down? a piece of green leather that exists for no other reason than to make extra money and make money making easier? do you really care about those belts? do you really buy into that crap? do you understand what they are?

their ratings mean nothing (they dont rank the fighters based on who is best and has accomplished the most.) the belts can be taken away for virtually any reason. they cost money, and if you arent willing to pay it you are stripped and blackballed from fighting for that organizations title. some favor certain nationalities (the WBC and mexico for instance.) they are complete BS, man. i dont know why i have to keep typing it. did you know how they work? and if you did, why do you care?

who did he win this "championship" from? (he had a "silver title" leading into his fight with mathew hatton, but he won the "vacant" title in a fight with mathew flippin hatton.)
      Mathew hatton is who he fought to win his "championship" at 154.

how many other championships are there? (four alphabets in every division, sometimes five, many with interim, vacant, and super / diamond champions of their own)

the belts mean nothing. you're either very naiive, or just looking for an excuse to hate a 22 year old for his matchmaking, who doesnt have a damn thing to say about who he fights.

the kid is 22 years old and next year he'll probably be fighting floyd mayweather. that's probably been the plan for years now. canelo has been brought up just right in my eyes. he needs a few more step

it's the f#cking champion stuff? that you actaully care about that nonsense is beyond me.
      the WBC grand champion?

he's not even in the top 2

Comment

the kid is 22 years old and next year he'll probably be fighting floyd mayweather. that's probably been the plan for years now. canelo has been brought up just right in my eyes. he needs a few more step
        Do you really think he deserves that? There's guys out there more than deserving of this fight yet they give it to the guy who has done 0 in his career so far. They are not even preparing this guy to actually be able to beat Floyd if they do fight. Not with the type of dead opposition he's been facing anyway. They are just building him to fight Floyd and cash in. It's sad, **** ain't even about winning no more. It's all about the money.

Comment

• lmao at this fool ts

Comment

you named not only first ballot hall of famers, but bonafide ATG's. you scoff at the kid, yet you compare him to gods as if not stacking up to them is some sort of indictment. it's unbelievable, man. it really is.

do you hear anybody calling canelo alvarez that? do you hear anybody even calling him a complete product? he's not ready. that is the whole point. mike tyson was fully grown and matured when he was 18 years old. he had been boxing for years under one of the planet's greatest living trainers. and he fought plenty of soft touches both coming up and throughout his career.

stop with the "champion" stuff. is that what's bogging you down? a piece of green leather that exists for no other reason than to make extra money and make money making easier? do you really care about those belts? do you really buy into that crap? do you understand what they are?

their ratings mean nothing (they dont rank the fighters based on who is best and has accomplished the most.) the belts can be taken away for virtually any reason. they cost money, and if you arent willing to pay it you are stripped and blackballed from fighting for that organizations title. some favor certain nationalities (the WBC and mexico for instance.) they are complete BS, man. i dont know why i have to keep typing it. did you know how they work? and if you did, why do you care?

who did he win this "championship" from? (he had a "silver title" leading into his fight with mathew hatton, but he won the "vacant" title in a fight with mathew flippin hatton.)

how many other championships are there? (four alphabets in every division, sometimes five, many with interim, vacant, and super / diamond champions of their own)

the belts mean nothing. you're either very naiive, or just looking for an excuse to hate a 22 year old for his matchmaking, who doesnt have a damn thing to say about who he fights.

it's the f#cking champion stuff? that you actaully care about that nonsense is beyond me.
            the WBC grand champion?

I'm not comparing him to anyone, nobody knew those fighters were bound to the HOF when they won their belts, I just stating the obvious, if you are a Champion you are not a kid anymore and if you want to be a kid then get out of the water and play on the sand, you can't have it both way either you are a Champion and dance with the big boys or you are a prospect and keep gaining experience with c levels fighters and in your own division, why he is getting a pass fighting a 140 lbs fighter that's not even rank? He could very well hurt Lopez and then what?

Comment

why he is getting a pass fighting a 140 lbs fighter that's not even rank? He could very well hurt Lopez and then what?
              Cause Lopez broke Ortiz's jaw, therefore there's this one chance...

Can't believe a commission is actually allowing this. The hell with weight divisions I guess huh?

Comment

the WBC grand champion?

I'm not hating the kid I just pi$$ off at his handlers, and the Belt is a bargain tool that will bring more money and he hasn't done $h1t to deserve it, so in your own words canelo is not worth mentioning with a 17 years old Benitez?
                PS. That's why a mention that he is being exploited and his ppl will cash it in if they plan to face Fraud next.
                Last edited by garfios; 07-23-2012, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  Cause Lopez broke Ortiz's jaw, therefore there's this one chance...

Can't believe a commission is actually allowing this. The hell with weight divisions I guess huh?
                  There's some smart posters here but when it comes to their idols common sense goes out the window, canelo is been protected there's no way around that, he was given a belt for Christmas and is not even his size, they can't duck the whole division for much longer, or they plan to throw him to the Lions and make a ton of money very soon and leave him like a whore on the curb.

Comment

There's some smart posters here but when it comes to their idols common sense goes out the window, canelo is been protected there's no way around that, he was given a belt for Christmas and is not even his size, they can't duck the whole division for much longer, or they plan to throw him to the Lions and make a ton of money very soon and leave him like a whore on the curb.
                    This whole thing started when ODLH endorsed him as his replacement.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                      This whole thing started when ODLH endorsed him as his replacement.
                      They doing a ****ty job because DLH fought everyone from 130-160, I'm telling you they just making money off of him and once he gets exposed he will became a stepping stone because of his name.

Comment

Working...
                      X