No announcement yet.

The WBC's new Rehydration Rule Goes Into Effect Tomorrow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaded View Post
    In all likelihood...on the nights where Chavez was 180 lbs...he would have been around 176 lbs at 9:30 AM since it's at about the 2/3rds mark in between the mornings before weigh-in and the fight night. I don't think it will make much difference.
    Exactly, all he still has 13 hours to add more water weight.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      In all likelihood...on the nights where Chavez was 180 lbs...he would have been around 176 lbs at 9:30 AM since it's at about the 2/3rds mark in between the mornings before weigh-in and the fight night. I don't think it will make much difference.
      well you might think that but this kid isnt exactly mr. discipline if you havent noticed.... and from the looks of it he has quite a bit of J-E-L-L-O around the midsection in 24/7 , not good if you are going up against two weigh ins. Just mentally having to keep that in mind is gonna be tough on him. Im sure they will give him like 30 minutes to lose the weight once he fails so he will be busting ass to sweat that off. Not a good way to enter the toughest fight of your career.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
        Margarito was 167 lbs
        According to HBO he was 165lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          No it doesn't. I honestly don't even think there has been a fighter to gain more than 10% weight after weight in.
          Lol what the hell. You're acting like you're new to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Lol what the hell. You're acting like you're new to boxing.
            i dont think he is new to boxing, he just has a warped view on most issues! the other day he was crying about a canelo lopez picture being 4 inches above a chavez martinez pic!

Comment

Originally posted by kessu.apengu
              This is going to cause fighters to die or get injuryed. Heres why:

A fighter like Chavez will dry himself out to make the weight 160lbs then he will need to cut more water to make the new ruling. His brain and vital organs have less hydration and if hes in a war it could affect him. Chins will be affected too, recovery and stamina.

I bet you're all thinking why doesnt the coward just move to 175lbs? because he can pick on fighters who dont hydrate so much.
              nah man, this rehydration rule is pretty weak. 10% of the persons body weight by 9:30am. That means Chavez can be 176 pounds at 9:30, then still add more weight by the time of the fight and be over 180 if he wanted to.

The IBF actually has a much stricter rule in which you cannot add more than 10 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                nah man, this rehydration rule is pretty weak. 10% of the persons body weight by 9:30am. That means Chavez can be 176 pounds at 9:30, then still add more weight by the time of the fight and be over 180 if he wanted to.

The IBF actually has a much stricter rule in which you cannot add more than 10 pounds.
                People have such a hard time understanding such a simple rule, makes me wonder how they are able to feed themselves

Comment

[QUOTE=RlCKY;12292523]According to the new rule, a boxer must weigh in at 9:30AM the morning of the fight (in addition to the Friday official weigh-in of course) tipping the scales at no more than 10% of the limit of the division they are competing in.
                  QUOTE]

Did this happen for Canelo/Trout? They would have had to weigh 169.4 pounds in the morning. They both walked in to the ring at 171 and 172, so they would have had time during the way to put the extra couple of pounds on.

But I don't remember hearing anything about this rehydration clause for the Canelo/Trout fight (or any other WBC sanctioned fight for that matter)

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    Too bad this won't apply to Chavez
                    Because Chavez got his eyes on the WBO title not the WBC

Canelo is the WBC champion tho

Comment

More 24ct stupidity from the WBC.

Comment

Working...
                      X