Collapse
No announcement yet.

The WBC's new Rehydration Rule Goes Into Effect Tomorrow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why do I get the feeling that they will make adjustments for certain fighters (LIKE CHAVEZ JR!)

I like the idea of "Same Day Weigh In" but I have a feeling it will be some controversy with it

Comment

all you people that quote HBO on the 180lb's....you do know its an unofficial weigh in right? with the possibility of fighters using clothes/shoes and the weigh not being calibrated properly.....

this rule is kinda useless because you have a lot of time to put on weight after the second weigh in.....but lets not act like there arent disadvantages to cutting a lot of weight....hell, id argue all of those weight cutters that were shot by age 30 wouldve had longer careers if they had just moved up...

boxing fans and their bias...always pick and chose when weight is a factor so that it fits their agendas.....

Comment

I guess its a deterrent to keep guys from gaining that much weight. I'm guessing everyone probably does it a bit differently, but I wouldn't try to pack on all that weight the "day of", when you have to fight later that night.

Comment

5% would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
            all you people that quote HBO on the 180lb's....you do know its an unofficial weigh in right? with the possibility of fighters using clothes/shoes and the weigh not being calibrated properly.....

this rule is kinda useless because you have a lot of time to put on weight after the second weigh in.....but lets not act like there arent disadvantages to cutting a lot of weight....hell, id argue all of those weight cutters that were shot by age 30 wouldve had longer careers if they had just moved up...

boxing fans and their bias...always pick and chose when weight is a factor so that it fits their agendas.....
            Some fighters just can't compete at a higher weight e.g Hatton. He was killing himself to make 140 at the end of his career because he didn't have the physical attributes to compete at 147.

Comment

Excuse me for not getting excited about the WBC and their "rules"......

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                Excuse me for not getting excited about the WBC and their "rules"......
                I feel the same way. This clause doesn't do **** anyway. I think they'll have a pass for Mexican fighters and PPV stars just like changing mandatories, stripping people for no reason, sanctioning title fights to people who don't deserve it, and giving out bull**** titles like the 150lb. catchweight 154lb. diamond to Pac when him and Margacheato weren't even ranked @ 154lbs. Morales getting a 140lb. title, Alvarez winning a title from Matthew Hatton lol, and stripping Martinez to give Chavez Jr. a title is why I say **** the WBC and their bull****. I like how someone said WBC = We Be Crooked!

Comment

Too bad this won't apply to Chavez

Comment

C'mon people, are you really that stupid?

Ok, I'll break it down for you. JJC Jr puts on 20lbs or 12.5% in about 30 hours from the weigh in. This is a huge amount, not many boxers do this much.

Now with the new rule inplace Chavez can only put on 16lbs in 18 hour, which he was doing comfortably anyway, and then have 12 hours to put on what the hell he like.

So come fight night, JJC Jr could be weighing 182 lbs.

This rule by the WBC does nothing.

Comment

BS rule. Not strict enough. Chavez will still be 180+ on fight night. WBC pretending to do something good for the sport................

Comment

Working...
                      X