• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope Cotto will win and become a 4 division champion

Comment

Originally posted by pacquiaovmosley View Post
      If he fights him at 156 he wouldnt be a real 4 division champ. With these bs belts these days being a titleholder really doesnt mean that much.

Comment

Originally posted by pacquiaovmosley View Post
        on paper it sounds good but at 140 he won a vacant title..at 147 he won 2 vacant titles and at 154 he beat a 1 legged Jew for a title.now they want the weakest mw title holder at a 156 catchweight???? cotto has good names on his resume but he never BEAT anyone worth mentioning for a title...if he wasnts a mw title he should fight Sergio-Chavez winner or atleast Sturm

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
          If he fights him at 156 he wouldnt be a real 4 division champ. With these bs belts these days being a titleholder really doesnt mean that much.
          well on paper he would be a legit 4 division champion cause unlike manny's 150 win the title isnt vacant.and even when he won his vacant tiles atleast he defended them

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            You would compare the Margarito fiasco to this?? Wow.
            So you would you conisder Cotto a legit 4 weight world champ if he won the belt in these circumstances?Wow indeed

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
              So you would you conisder Cotto a legit 4 weight world champ if he won the belt in these circumstances?Wow indeed
              More legit than the Margarito fiasco. That's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                I really hope he doesn't go through with it. There are plenty of names in the 154 division. I understand he wants to make history, but it will be almost as lame as Pacquiao's 8th weight division title.
                This. What is the point of fighting for a title that has no meaning. It's a wh0re title that was taken from Sergio and passed around like nothing. Also, why try and fight for a title that you have no intention of defending. That makes it even more meaningless. If he were to win and defend it a couple of times that's one thing.

But a win certainly isn't guaranteed. I would bet on N'dam if it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  More legit than the Margarito fiasco. That's for sure.
                  If Cotto beats this kid at 156 it would be a better win on paper then a sliding Margarito at 150 i dont deny that all i was saying was that it still is a joke to fight for a title but not allow one guy to weigh in at the full weight just like Manny Margarito

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
                    If Cotto beats this kid at 156 it would be a better win on paper then a sliding Margarito at 150 i dont deny that all i was saying was that it still is a joke to fight for a title but not allow one guy to weigh in at the full weight just like Manny Margarito
                    The catchweight was not the biggest spectacle in that fight. It really never was. The only thing remotely similar is the catchweight. Everything else is worlds apart.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                      Here comes this idiot.
                      That "idiot" is right in is outrage. Fighting for a 160 pound title at a CW of 156 is an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE.

Comment

Working...
                      X