No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana Out of Thurman Bout?; Saul Alvarez Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's Maidana. Canelo only fights smaller guys or washed up guys. he'll be outweighing Maidana by over 20lbs.

it should be an easy fight for Canelo but he did get dropped by Jose Cotto, so Maidana has a chance. Canelo won't be moving and turning Maidana like Alexander. they both stand toe to toe and slug it out. I hope Maidana exposes this hype job but I doubt it.

it's Argentina vs Mexico again on the same night but Chavez vs Martinez is a real fight and this is just typical Canelo fluff
    Really? You sound really confident... How much you want to bet he's not?

Comment

Originally posted by AvoidDisaster View Post
      Really? You sound really confident... How much you want to bet he's not?
      who knows, maybe you have the inside track on it but Maidana follows the typical pattern for a Canelo opponent.

he's undersized and he's comming off a loss

that sounds like a typical Canelo opponent to me.

plus he's an Argentine. GBP would put on a Mexico vs Argentina card the same night Top Rank is doing it.

Comment

To Canelo's defense, a bunch of really good match ups fell through and it's really not his fault. Williams, Kirkland, Ortiz, three really solid match ups there that Canelo did nothing to jeopardize.

BUT, if it's not Lara, Kirkland, Cotto, Josesito Lopez, Molina, K9, Dzinzuruk, Martirosyan then it's gonna be a big disappointment.

I can actually seeing it being Quintana or Malignaggi.

Comment

Originally posted by WBA Champ View Post
          Lara is facing ronald hearns and freddy hernandez back to back but it's okay cuz he isn't canelo
          It's okay because Canelo doesn't want to face him, neither Kirkland, Vanes, K9 and the rest of the 154 class, he even offered himself to Ortiz at 147, he went up to 160 to face Hearns, who do you want him to face?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            To Canelo's defense, a bunch of really good match ups fell through and it's really not his fault. Williams, Kirkland, Ortiz, three really solid match ups there that Canelo did nothing to jeopardize.

BUT, if it's not Lara, Kirkland, Cotto, Josesito Lopez, Molina, K9, Dzinzuruk, Martirosyan then it's gonna be a big disappointment.

I can actually seeing it being Quintana or Malignaggi.
            Out of those three only Williams was a solid fight, Kirkland was injured and Ortiz was a WW hand picked for the sole purpose of making Ginger look good, the proof is there a JWW busted his jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
              It's okay because Canelo doesn't want to face him, neither Kirkland, Vanes, K9 and the rest of the 154 class, he even offered himself to Ortiz at 147, he went up to 160 to face Hearns, who do you want him to face?
              Gabriel Rosado called him out, that's a start...

Comment

I only want to see Maidana vs Matthysse.... Canelo could find a good OP if he tried. Still, he was up for a few good fights and it's not his fault they fell out.

Comment

Originally posted by pbp View Post
                  carlos quintana
                  lmao!!!!! Hahahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    He's been looking for fights at 160. It's a damn shame a fighter this talented has to beg for fights. His time will come though. Hopefully he impresses tomorrow night. He has zero room for error right now.
                    Why not fight the guy that really beat him? Molina has been calling his ass out. If lara is that good why not clear his name?

Comment

any chance of chycken **** Kirkland stepping up and taking the fight?

the whole "injury bs" made him look like a coward.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Error

An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
                      Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx.