No announcement yet.

Victor's camp reports on injury and rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    I wouldnt doubt it. If i recall, in one Of those rounds where the camera went to Ortiz's corner I believe they were asking him if they wanted to stop the fight and Vic said no and continued. He was backing up a lot and being less agressive than usual at around that point so maybe it was true. Saw the pic of him at the hospital and everything seems to add up. Don't know why they'd lie...since he was still winning I believe. :|... he would back away after any punch after a bit and would seem to go into survival mode. I think it's legit...
    what pic? care to share?

Comment

Let us be real, Victor himself said in the post fight interview that he broke it in the last round.

Right or wrong, people have been calling ortiz out on it (essentially quitting), and now his corner...days after the fact....change the story to he broke it in the fifth round, as if to paint a prettier picture of him being some kind of warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
        what pic? care to share?
        http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...287#post556287

Look at the right side of his face. Looking like he has a tumor lol

Comment

A broken jaw can cause permanent problems, theres a guy here in aus who broke his jaw Playing Aussie rules and he has facial twitches 12 years later.

Neeld was playing for Ocean Grove when he had his jaw broken in two places, which forced blood vessels in his cheek to push up and wrap around his optical nerve.

"
          I've never explained it ... it is what it is," Neeld said.

"I know when it happens, and I can't do anything about it.

"The perception is sometimes when I'm nervous it goes off, but it will go off when I'm watching the TV, so I have no control."

The jaw-breaking incident happened in 2001 and the symptoms started in 2002.

"The blood vessels that we all have somewhere here (under the eye) were forced up here (above the eye and behind the ear), and what they did was wrap themselves around my optical nerve," Neeld said.

"This was early 2000s, and I was teaching one day and pretty much the entire right side of my body cramped, my face down here, and I thought I was having a stroke

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more...-1226409596182

I have no problem with Ortiz quitting, you should be able to box and not have to risk life long injuries, some guys might want to that's up to them, all fighters have courage, some just have more than others.
          Last edited by Furn; 06-27-2012, 12:21 PM.

Comment

ortiz didnt quit..his jaw did!

he needs a few tomato cans after he recovers to build up his confidence

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
              A broken jaw can cause permanent problems, theres a guy here in aus who broke his jaw Playing Aussie rules and he has facial twitches 12 years later.

".

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more...-1226409596182

I have no problem with Ortiz quitting, you should be able to box and not have to risk life long injuries, some guys might want to that's up to them, all fighters have courage, some just have more than others.
              Man that's some serious **** right there

Comment

Originally posted by Leonf96 View Post
                Man that's some serious **** right there

Comment

Working...
                X