Victor's camp reports on injury and rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
    ??????????????????
    You know, the influx of posters who called Ortiz a quitting little bitch, and how they would have continued fighting on a broken jaw?

The fake little internet warriors.

Comment

I believe them, although i thought It happened in the 7th when Ortiz backpeddled for the final minute and then whispered something in garcia's ear at the end of the round. Had he carried on he could have been seriously injured. He still is badly injured I mean 2 weeks with your mouth wired shut ain't no joke.

IMO there's no way he could have gone on especially with the amount of blood he was spitting out.

Comment

A broken jaw sucks. My cuz got his broken and had to wire his mouth shut. He lost like thirty pounds because he couldn't eat normal food. This is gonna be a big set back for Ortiz. I think he tried to get Lopez out of there but when he couldn't called it quits. Smart move, it could of saved his career.

Comment

I believe it why not, Its official. And if you rewatch the fight you can clearly see how his jaw was bothering him in round 5 I think those double upper cuts Lopez landed broke his jaw. and he kept going on and you can see everytime Lopez landed a solid shot on his jaw Ortiz will panick and back up. And in the 9th Ortiz with in to end it and caught in some exchanges and Lopez landed another shot and completely destroyed Ortiz jaw. The kid fought the best he could and went on as much as he could have. It better to stop it early then to suffer some unrecoverable damage.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
            I believe it why not, Its official. And if you rewatch the fight you can clearly see how his jaw was bothering him in round 5 I think those double upper cuts Lopez landed broke his jaw. and he kept going on and you can see everytime Lopez landed a solid shot on his jaw Ortiz will panick and back up. And in the 9th Ortiz with in to end it and caught in some exchanges and Lopez landed another shot and completely destroyed Ortiz jaw. The kid fought the best he could and went on as much as he could have. It better to stop it early then to suffer some unrecoverable damage.
            Unrecoverable?? as in?

Comment

so all of you believe this, yet it was Ortiz himself in the interview that said it happened in the last round. Its B.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy Greg View Post
                It was obvious he was in pain, rewatch the fight... he tried doing that but vicotr can not fight going backwards... Lopez was walking him down when he was back peddling... i dont blame the kid one bit, u hate just to hate man
                so if I disagree with you then Im hating just to hate. Im a big Ortiz fan. Go back and look at me hating on him. I wanted to go to the Canelo fight. When the fight got stopped I actually gave him a bit of a pass because I thought it was his corner or the ref. Then I saw how it happened and I think he quit

Comment

I don't hate Ortiz for quitting and think he wins the rematch, but that **** did not happen in the 5th round.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                    so if I disagree with you then Im hating just to hate. Im a big Ortiz fan. Go back and look at me hating on him. I wanted to go to the Canelo fight. When the fight got stopped I actually gave him a bit of a pass because I thought it was his corner or the ref. Then I saw how it happened and I think he quit
                    think??? umm how much more obvious could it have been...he did quit...I don't think that is what is in question....everyone knows he pulled the trigger....

Comment

I wouldnt doubt it. If i recall, in one Of those rounds where the camera went to Ortiz's corner I believe they were asking him if they wanted to stop the fight and Vic said no and continued. He was backing up a lot and being less agressive than usual at around that point so maybe it was true. Saw the pic of him at the hospital and everything seems to add up. Don't know why they'd lie...since he was still winning I believe. :|... he would back away after any punch after a bit and would seem to go into survival mode. I think it's legit...

Comment

Working...
                      X