No announcement yet.

Just reviewing Matthyse-Soto, Matthyse could beat Mayweather and here is why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndNewChampion View Post
    Totally agree Castillo won. Floyd was not enjoying it. His face told the story how uncomfy he was.

They ended up running and still lost. Heck both got dropped.

Floyd would struggle, he has struggled with guys who can fight him like Matthyse.
    i wouldn't say struggle when he beat all of them oscar,castillo,cotto the 1st castillo fight was close but the 2nd was a clear victory and floyd clearly beat both oscar and cotto.there is one thing that all those men had over floyd and that was size matthyse doesnt have that over floyd so matthyse would get beat much easier than oscar and cotto

Comment

Bump that.... let me tell you why Lucas beats Martinez....

Comment

Timing is more relevant in a boxing match to counter, or even to the punch. Yes May is accurate but when you aren't on him.

Cotto isn't particularly fast footed, but got to Floyd. More also Floyd has lost a step and is getting older too I would say. He did say he decided to hangon the ropes, like how Pac eased off Bradley. They are old now, it happens.

Anyway on timining, in a war, a fight that if a man imposes his will and power on you, relentless pressure, timining becomes less important and you own will and resilience comes into play.

May's accuracy went down a lot in his last fight. Why? It's hard to hit someone so close when you are getting hit.
        He doesn't have that cotto type strength of he tries to box he'll get out boxed if he tries to brawl he'll get countered to death

Comment

Thank God for Boxing Scene. I was bored at work. This helped a lot. LOL.

Comment

mathysse will k.o floyd

only in nsb folks!!!!

Comment

Soto was vastly over-rated. On top of that he was fighting in a higher weight. Soto is no gauge to how Lucas will do against Floyd. Dumb thread

Comment

Like I said before a guy who couldn't beat Alexander or Judah is gonna beat Floyd.

TS and those who agree get ******s of the week award

Comment

Well, Matthyse fight hard, goes to the body to slow someone down, and his jab is decent too. He has so much power, look at his KO'S. He would make Mayweather feel his power and do more damage than Cotto. Mayweather hasn't felt this kind of power and like how he lost to Castillo, he would struggle again. Mayweather's legs aren't fast as before so he will not get away with all of the shots at all.

Power, jab, body shots are the key.
                  Lucas wont be easy, he would definitely go the whole 12 against Floyd IMO as I don't see anybody knocking Lucas out (as long as he fights the way he fought Soto). I don't see him beating Floyd in any form or fashion though. I doubt Lucas hits harder than a Middleweight Cotto and I don't think Lucas would carry that power to 47 or 54 where Floyd going to want the fight at. people tend to forget Floyd made a choice NOT TO run away from Miguel, he made a choice not to box away in moments where he was on the ropes and had the chances to get out of there, he chose to fight Miguel for the most part because he could have just tactically fended off Cotto and had a much easier time.

Lucas has some brute force no doubt but Floyd is a better boxer than both Judah and Alexander and is capable of much more in his skill set than them. I really doubt Lucas would beat Floyd in a fight, don't get me wrong ANYBODY can lose but I just can't see Mathysse being as successful with someone who isn't going to engage him as much but will still hit him double the times he's used to being hit

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                    so you can see a significantly smaller guy in weight and reach coming up 7 lbs in weight with above average speed and above average ability beating a guy who is taller with longer reach superior defense superior offense with superior speed, timing and reach.... losing.....

smh...

it would be a boxing clinic bud. i don't care what you see Soto is no measuring stick especially when he allowed Matthyse back into the fight by staining in front of him.

This fight wouldn't be even close here is why, Matthyse would hit what after being jabbed? you have to land power shots to make them effective, Matthyse's jab would get countered by the right hand then Matthyse would hit what? floyd wouldn't stand and trade. floyd has speed and stamina at 147 your telling me a guy who hits hard and has below average boxing ability would somehow grind floyd down with a jab that would be trading with a right hand all night eh, at a higher weight class that he's never fought in? ridiculous.

Matthyse is a B level fighter beating c+ level fighters having trouble with b level fighters and now he's going to beat an A+ level fighter because he hits hard, sorry but that's terrible logic.
                    Matthyse is actually taller than Floyd... He is 5 foot 9. He is listed at 172 CM on Wiki who say that is 5 foot 6. That is wrong, 172 is 5 foot 8/9. Boxrec has a mistake. Just look at him next to Alxeander who is a solid 5 foot 8. Floyd is 5 foot 8.
                    Reach matters, but Floyd has a reach advantage from 130 to 147 over almost every. Maybe even everyone he has fought, if I am not mistaken.
                    However when you get on the inside, reach isn't a factor is it?
                    7lbs is questionable indeed, but since Matthyse has the height, and he has the build, he should be able to put on 7 lbs, and perhaps even help him with force and streangth because he isn't cutting down so much.

Floyd won't stand and trade? How do you know that? Did you predict Floyd to be on the ropes as much as he did VS Cotto? I guarantee you didn't.

Floyd doesn't jab that much either. He goes to the body sometimes, and a little to the face, but his right hand has always been the key, as a lead right or a counter in his shoulder roll.

The most effective way to beat Floyd is to the body, head hunting is ******. Cotto may not have looked like he did damage to Floyd, but his body attacks had effect and slowed Floyd down a littlle. If anyone holds pads for body attacks, they will know it hurts and you get moved around.

Everyone knows the best way t fight Floyd is to take it to the trenches, but you need to be smart, work hard for every round.

Originally posted by New England View Post

when you stop humberto soto at 140 lbs you're ready for floyd mayweather jr.
                    Yeah right, it was more on what I saw than who it was. Any opponent coming to Floyd is different. You think Berto is a Floyd? You think Marg is a Floyd? gosh

Originally posted by johncods View Post
                    great analysis bro. They sleeping on my boy Lucas. If Floyd can't fend off the tough argentine I could see him punishing Floyd to
                    the body and stopping him late.
                    Damn right. Here here

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
                    i wouldn't say struggle when he beat all of them oscar,castillo,cotto the 1st castillo fight was close but the 2nd was a clear victory and floyd clearly beat both oscar and cotto.there is one thing that all those men had over floyd and that was size matthyse doesnt have that over floyd so matthyse would get beat much easier than oscar and cotto
                    Size matters but Matthyse is a big guy. He is same or taller and has a stocky build walk weight. It may be even better for his power.

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                    He doesn't have that cotto type strength of he tries to box he'll get out boxed if he tries to brawl he'll get countered to death
                    Well IMO Matthyse is a strong guy too. Floyd is strong but Matthyse isn't weak.

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
                    Like I said before a guy who couldn't beat Alexander or Judah is gonna beat Floyd.

TS and those who agree get ******s of the week award
                    True however I feel he clearly beat Alexander. He just beat Judah but didn't get given the nod. Heck he knocked down both and could even get lucky on Floyd. He has that kinda power.

Comment

Originally posted by crillz View Post
                      Lucas wont be easy, he would definitely go the whole 12 against Floyd IMO as I don't see anybody knocking Lucas out (as long as he fights the way he fought Soto). I don't see him beating Floyd in any form or fashion though. I doubt Lucas hits harder than a Middleweight Cotto and I don't think Lucas would carry that power to 47 or 54 where Floyd going to want the fight at. people tend to forget Floyd made a choice NOT TO run away from Miguel, he made a choice not to box away in moments where he was on the ropes and had the chances to get out of there, he chose to fight Miguel for the most part because he could have just tactically fended off Cotto and had a much easier time.

Lucas has some brute force no doubt but Floyd is a better boxer than both Judah and Alexander and is capable of much more in his skill set than them. I really doubt Lucas would beat Floyd in a fight, don't get me wrong ANYBODY can lose but I just can't see Mathysse being as successful with someone who isn't going to engage him as much but will still hit him double the times he's used to being hit
                      Floyd is obviously the better boxer, but also Floyd IMO hasn't got the leg like in 2007 to move every round. He often holds his ground and goes back to the ropes if he is attacked. Ortiz did it, and so did Cotto. Mayb Floyd did make a choice, who knows but I also feel Cotto physically put him there at plenty of times too. That jab of Cotto was solid and did a great job and pushing Floyd back. It dropped Clottey who is solid... Once Cotto got Floyd on the ropes, Floyd stayed there. Remember that we had a treat of two sparring sessions with Henry. I saw Floyd stay on the ropes a lot and take some body shots, but also left hooks to the head. However he countered and blocked a lot too. People call Floyd a runner but mostly he isn't, he stands his ground, which is where he may get hurt/caught and lose some rounds.

IMO Floyd can't keep Matthyse off him for 12, not at his age.

Oh and to the other people above who keep saying Alexander and Judah. Both ended up running and both felt his power. He dropped both. Also south paws are damn tricky.

Comment

Working...
                      X