Remember when ortiz got mad hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Primera View Post
    he checked out of the maidana fight sure,

jaw broken in two places with a severed vein in his throat does not count as "checking out" if you ask me.
    Your source is Ortiz' manager? I used to wonder why the Iraqi Information Minister even bothered. Now I know, certainly people will believe anything they hear.

"Ortiz almost died, the doctor said he could have bled out". Haha, how are people ****** enough to believe this clown?
    Last edited by APryor; 06-25-2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      He was very hyped.

Who'd have thought at 25 he'd have quit twice whilst being a clear favourite and ahead on the cards at the time and headbutted Floyd Mayweather, getting immediately knocked out whilst over apologising.

You just never know in Boxing.
      He got knocked out while trying to get a negligent referee's attention, he was done apologizing after the scheming Mayweather's first cheap shot.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 06-25-2012, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post

Learn from these mistakes people
        Yeah, not likely.

Look at the JCC band wagon. Face first sluggers with no defense can look like world beaters against second and third class competition, but it's not good to assume they are invincible.

Lemioux, Ortiz, Kirkland, JuanMa, Lacy, Angulo, Rios...

OK, a couple of those guys are better than others, but the point is guys can look nasty when they are dealing out one-sided beat downs. Doesn't mean they are unbeatable though. If you have terrible defense, you can be beat. I don't care how hard you hit or how good your chin is.

Don't be surprised if JCC gets exposed in a one sided whipping at the hands of Sergio. Yeah, Canelo hype train is getting a bit out of control too.

Speaking of Ortiz, didn't he also sign for a huge bonus when he turned pro? Well at least he's not Ricardo Williams or Franciso Bojado.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          He got knocked out while trying to get a negligent referee's attention, he was done apologizing after Mayweather's first cheap shot.
          If he'd decided to stop apologising after hug and kiss #2 when he may not have got knocked out at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post
            You do realize Ortiz was winning on the cards before his jaw blew off his face, right?

Not to mention Lopez' eye was closing shut, stoppage was near.
            Lopez was not going to get stopped. He was a warrior.

Sad that Ortiz lost to Lopez LOL.

Also Lopez was coming back, Ortiz fades....

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              If he'd decided to stop apologising after hug and kiss #2 when he may not have got knocked out at that point.
              Yes I agree. Mayweather should not have pretended to embrace him though, that was cheap and deceitful, he didn't need to do that.

Comment

No he wasn't, did you even watch the fight? He wasn't looking for Cortez's attention, he had his hands down looking for another hug & kiss from Floyd when he got dropped.

He got knocked out while trying to get a negligent referee's attention, he was done apologizing after the scheming Mayweather's first cheap shot.

Comment

Yes I agree. Mayweather should not have pretended to embrace him though, that was cheap and deceitful, he didn't need to do that.
                  So we've established he was knocked out whilst over apologising.

Although, I think he may have stayed down on purpose.

Comment

Idk im not ready to "chec out" on ortiz yet. He brings exciting fights and if what his manger says is true, that was bad azz fighting 4 rounds until your jaw is unhooked from your face. The man had to get a rod put in his mouth almost kanye style and is already askin for the rematch....as a boxing fan and someone who boxed before i respect that. He had that match won imo idk about a k.o but he was fightin his azz off. Even when the amazing heart of lopez rallied on him and he had to bac off a bit he came right bac and got in Lopez azz like preparation H.

It kills me to see people who probably never been in a fight period much less a boxing match say "oh he only had 3 rounds remaining blah blah blah" Well he had 0 JAWS REMAINING so i say the latter took precedence. I can def see him being champ again one day unless of course he proves me wrong..... I'll be the first to admit there maybe somethin not quite right in that boys mind.

Comment

Erm. The general public can't be faulted for making any mistakes in perception when it comes to Ortiz. It isn't possible they could have had knowledge of his mental weakness. Golden Boy could be faulted though. I remember when Arum said it was common knowledge in the industry Victor Ortiz was mentally unstable as an amateur and as a prospect.

Comment

Working...
                      X