Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jessie Vargas or Floyd Mayweather: Who beat the tougher opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
    Lopez is a tougher fighter than Ortiz. But you have to be out of your mind if you think that means it'd be a tougher fight for Mayweather. Lopez is not explosive, doesn't have the speed or power that Ortiz brings. He's just tougher. That's literally the only advantage he has over Ortiz. Mayweather would Gatti Lopez if they ever fought.
    Ortiz's power is overrated, he don't have the power to KD, let alone KO Floyd, that if he could even land a clean shot with those telegraphed punches. Made for Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      Ortiz's power is overrated, he don't have the power to KD, let alone KO Floyd, that if he could even land a clean shot with those telegraphed punches. Made for Floyd.
      He caught Floyd with a few good right hooks and was backing him at times. He was actually winning round 4 before he decided to headbutt Floyd.

I can't tell if you're trolling...
      Last edited by Rocky Rode; 06-25-2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

He caught Floyd with a few good right hooks and was backing him at times. He was actually winning round 4 before he decided to headbutt Floyd.

I can't tell if you're trolling...

I think Lopez is a tougher fighter than Ortiz

I think that Ortiz telegraphs his punches.

I think Ortiz never hurt Floyd and would not have the one punch power to knock him down or be able to land enough often enough to do so.

Think Floyd beats Lopez but makes it a tougher night for him

What exactly am I saying that is controversial?

Ortiz is a great entertainer and has been and will be in some great fights, but lets not mix up entertainment for talent.

Ortiz not a bum or a bad fighter but his flaws are so obvious top fighters will easily take advantage of them.

Lopez beat him mentally as well, you seen the shift in the fight when Victor thought he ain't going to stop this guy and he was now getting a beating.

Comment

• Hey D4th, since you put so much weight on one night of fighting, how do you rate Sinsurat and Torrecompo against ATG's in their weight class?

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            Hey D4th, since you put so much weight on one night of fighting, how do you rate Sinsurat and Torrecompo against ATG's in their weight class?
            Havn't seen enough of their fights to make a decent judgement. Singsurat > Torrecompo though.

Comment

I think Lopez is a tougher fighter than Ortiz

I think that Ortiz telegraphs his punches.

I think Ortiz never hurt Floyd and would not have the one punch power to knock him down or be able to land enough often enough to do so.

Think Floyd beats Lopez but makes it a tougher night for him

What exactly am I saying that is controversial?

Ortiz is a great entertainer and has been and will be in some great fights, but lets not mix up entertainment for talent.

Ortiz not a bum or a bad fighter but his flaws are so obvious top fighters will easily take advantage of them.

Lopez beat him mentally as well, you seen the shift in the fight when Victor thought he ain't going to stop this guy and he was now getting a beating.
              The bold is where you sound ******.

Lopez is a tougher fighter than Ortiz. But you have to be out of your mind if you think that means it'd be a tougher fight for Mayweather. Lopez is not explosive, doesn't have the speed or power that Ortiz brings. He's just tougher. That's literally the only advantage he has over Ortiz. Mayweather would Gatti Lopez if they ever fought.

Comment

Havn't seen enough of their fights to make a decent judgement. Singsurat > Torrecompo though.
                I'm talking the Singsurat/Torrecompo that beat Pac, how do they rate against other ATG's?

You've seen Lopez fight twice and you're making a judgement here, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                  I'm talking the Singsurat/Torrecompo that beat Pac, how do they rate against other ATG's?

You've seen Lopez fight twice and you're making a judgement here, right?

Seen Lopez for a lot more rounds, a lot more.

Maybe if you make a thread about this specific topic, I could discuss it with you, I don't want derail this thread.

Comment

• But what if Ortiz beats Lopez in the rematch? After all he was winning the fight before he got his jaw broke. For now its Ortiz.

Comment

The bold is where you sound ******.

In your opinion. Lopez has a lot of flaws too, but will make it tougher that Ortiz for Floyd.

Fight should never happen though since Floyd has to face the real challenges out there, but unfortunately Floyd doesn't seem interested in those.

Comment

Working...
                      X