Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Victor Ortiz's Trainer Talks Stoppage, Critics and More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garcia lost all credibilty Saturday night when he wanted Ortiz to fight on even though the kid's jaw was badly broken. Garcia should have been looking out for the fighter not risking him further. Ortiz needs to dump this guy and find a new trainer who will focus more on polishing up his boxing skills instead of simply relying on his size and power.

Comment

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
      Garcia lost all credibilty Saturday night when he wanted Ortiz to fight on even though the kid's jaw was badly broken. Garcia should have been looking out for the fighter not risking him further. Ortiz needs to dump this guy and find a new trainer who will focus more on polishing up his boxing skills instead of simply relying on his size and power.
      I agree in a way, I do think that Ortiz would be better off with another trainer and that Garcia should have been looking out for Vic's health. But I do beleive that Garcia wasn't fully aware or believed how severe the injury was. So in a way he was looking out for Victor, but not his health. Instead it was his career and public reputation, he didn't want another Maidana moment for his fighter.

Comment

I wanted Ortiz to lose, (only because I want ginger to fight a real jr middleweight). I didn't want Ortiz to get his jaw smashed in the process. I won't bash him for quitting, he's done it before. I think he should hang up his gloves & model underwear. He doesn't have the heart necessary for being a great fighter.

I'm still shocked that good a$$ posters have wished that better fighters than Ortiz get a broken jaw just to bash Ortiz some more, that's just crazy. The kid is a quitter, we know that. Why beat a dead horse??

Comment

Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
          Have yet to see the fight, but with all the noise im hearing about Ortiz "quitting".....im sorry but when people say "he has no heart", they are what i call window shoppers...from the outside looking in, just imagining what reality they want to create.
          Agreed! Hey, here's the link to the fight. Worth watching bro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6LeovaHw1w

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            I agree in a way, I do think that Ortiz would be better off with another trainer and that Garcia should have been looking out for Vic's health. But I do beleive that Garcia wasn't fully aware or believed how severe the injury was. So in a way he was looking out for Victor, but not his health. Instead it was his career and public reputation, he didn't want another Maidana moment for his fighter.
            The kid could barely talk and his mouth kept filling up with blood. Garcia knew his jaw was broken. I think he was more worried about Vic losing the big Canelo payday and in turn him losing that big $ as well. Hope Ortiz dumps this guy.

Comment

Agreed! Hey, here's the link to the fight. Worth watching bro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6LeovaHw1w
              THX for the link bud!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Totally agree he needs to dump his trainer. I was saying on another thread that I think Cunningham would be perfect for Ortiz. He already works with a lot of southpaws and I love his in fight adjustments. Hes always telling his fighters the right things in the corner. Personally I think hes one of the best trainers out there that doesnt get all the hype.

Comment

I thought it was pretty clear after he and Garcia were whispering to each other after 7 something was wrong. They clearly didn't want the announcers or anyone else to hear what was wrong. I'm not labeling a guy a quitter for not finishing a fight with a broken jaw. I really don't care if some guys have, doesn't make it a smart idea and not all breaks are the same.

Comment

The kid could barely talk and his mouth kept filling up with blood. Garcia knew his jaw was broken. I think he was more worried about Vic losing the big Canelo payday and in turn him losing that big $ as well. Hope Ortiz dumps this guy.
                    Hey Man, U talking about the New Angelo Dundee, LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
                      It was the left uppercut at 1:55 seconds of the 7th round that broke his jaw. Ater the round Victor whispers in Danny's ear that its broke and Danny tells him that he has to fight throught it if he wants to win. The replay after round 7 shows the left upperct.
                      Good call. Yea that definitely did it. I remember getting hit with an uppercut in one of my recent fights and hurt my jaw bad. Fortunately it was not broken. But I could not open my mouth without experiencing a lot of pain for the next couple of days. I feel sorry for Victor dude must be eating thru a straw right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X