Collapse
No announcement yet.

can someone point me to a contract or quote from Manny

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and I may still be wrong, Pac may still pay a % from his purse, but from what Kev showed, it was nothing to do with his purse but the Net profits which obviously is not the same. It states that Pac has a set amount to be paid, a minimum of 2 Mil and is negotiable, so for JMM it was 26 Mil.

So to my understanding, Pac is getting a good deal, if what was in that link is true and there is no other change. I can see why he has not left Bob Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by Milk Money View Post
      Not mad at all. I got what asked for, an actual contract. Hes the one visibly upset.
      You know what you look like right now? A skateboarder in the streets, who trips over something and plays it off like he meant to do it. Then shows off and tries to explain really hard, that it's what he meant to do, that the fall was part of the trick.

You asked a for a "contract" because you thought you weren't gonna get any. You thought no one had proof. Now that there is proof, you're playing it off like it's what you really wanted. You know you asked a rhetorical question. They gave you the link, you said that's just an article. Then the documents where in that article.

No problem, I love helping ******s who can't read. If you want to turn it in to something gay like "hoes" and you being a pimp, that's fine, use your Pactard imagination how you want. But you're not fooling anyone.
      Last edited by -Kev-; 06-18-2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Oh and this Net profit issue is very similar to Guarantee purse.

Numerous posters here do not understand what both mean, and let's be fair, the NSB is notorius for some very stupid people.

A lot understand guarantee purse as a fix amount which is true, and then say + PPV money to come assuming that this money was not from PPV sales. Well, er yes it dos come from PPV sales, but once it reaches a figure, then that's when more money is added. Forbes suggests Mayweather got paid 85 Million, so he got a guarantee of 33 for Cotto, and let's keep it simple, another 9.5 Mil from the PPV, but part of that 33 Mil came from the PPV anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          You know what you look like right now? A skateboarder in the streets, who trips over something and plays it off like he meant to do it. Then shows off and tries to explain really hard, that it's what he meant to do, that the fall was part of the trick.

You asked a for a "contract" because you thought you weren't gonna get any. You thought no one had proof. Now that there is proof, you're playing it off like it's what you really wanted. You know you asked a rhetorical question. They gave you the link, you said that's just an article. Then the documents where in that article.

No problem, I love helping ******s who can't read. If you want to turn it in to something gay like "hoes" and you being a pimp, that's fine, use your Pactard imagination how you want. But you're not fooling anyone.
          Pac doesn't give Arum 25 or 27.5 5 of his purse to Arum, TR keeps 27.5% of the Net profits. Just to clarify, there is a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Milk Money View Post
            Who said I didnt want to believe? I made this thread to find out the truth one way or the other.

I got my answer. So again, how is getting what one asks for getting pimp slapped? Or did you learn a new phrase this week and thought it would be cool to impress your online buddies?

I asked for the documents, and got them. I won because a pimp has his hoes do the work for him.

Guess who went running to get what I requested? Yea, he even cried about but still did it like a good lil hoe.

You tell me who got slapped?

Just remember, I didnt have to run around looking for it, he did.
            Are you still upset? Seriously just ask Kev for an apology for making you his b1tch..

Comment

13. In relevant part, the M-P Agreement provides as follows:
              a. For each bout under the M-P Agreement, Pacquiao would receive the
              greater of (i) a guaranteed purse of at least $2 million (with the amount to be negotiated in good
              faith for each bout)

14. According to the customs and practices of the professional boxing industry, the goal of a guaranteed purse for a marquee fighter, such as Pacquiao, with a “percentage deal” is to provide the boxer a floor for compensation should an event turn out to be a financial disaster.
              In the case of the M-P Agreement, this was particularly so because Pacquiao was entitled to earn money both as a result of his purse and as the owner of M-P. Hence, the plain intent of the M-P Agreement was to give Pacquiao 72.5% of the net profits from his events (45% as his purse and 50% of the remaining 55% to M-P), and for TR to retain 27.5% of the net profits.

http://video.boxingscene.com/filess/gbscene.pdf

Comment

Basically, a purse is agreed upon prior to a fight. No one knows the damn figure of net profits is until it is over.

It means the gurantee is a guarantee, a purse, and if it sells good then both can make more.

If Pac fought and only made 1 million in sales, but was guaranteed 20, he will get 20 and TR makes a lost. It is like a company you work for, it may be on a lost each month, but you are getting paid regardless.
                Last edited by AndNewChampion; 06-18-2012, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Nobody really knows not even the Bureau of Internal Revenue thats why he damn near got audited... what ever happend with that??

Comment

Originally posted by AndNewChampion View Post
                    13. In relevant part, the M-P Agreement provides as follows:
                    a. For each bout under the M-P Agreement, Pacquiao would receive the
                    greater of (i) a guaranteed purse of at least $2 million (with the amount to be negotiated in good
                    faith for each bout)

14. According to the customs and practices of the professional boxing industry, the goal of a guaranteed purse for a marquee fighter, such as Pacquiao, with a “percentage deal” is to provide the boxer a floor for compensation should an event turn out to be a financial disaster.
                    In the case of the M-P Agreement, this was particularly so because Pacquiao was entitled to earn money both as a result of his purse and as the owner of M-P. Hence, the plain intent of the M-P Agreement was to give Pacquiao 72.5% of the net profits from his events (45% as his purse and 50% of the remaining 55% to M-P), and for TR to retain 27.5% of the net profits.

http://video.boxingscene.com/filess/gbscene.pdf
                    Okay, Manny Pacquiao's accountant. Stop trying to defend the worst contract in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by AndNewChampion View Post
                      Pac doesn't give Arum 25 or 27.5 5 of his purse to Arum, TR keeps 27.5% of the Net profits. Just to clarify, there is a difference.
                      Yup, it actually follows a sequence

First Pac gets the greater of either his guaranteed purse or 45% of net profits.

And then, he gets half of what is left of the net profit after that, while TR keeps the other half.

So say, manny has a guaranteed purse of 26 mil, and and his fight has a net profit of 90 mil - manny first takes 40.5 million, and then a further 24.75 million.
                      While top rank will keep 24.75 million for itself.

What floyd's fans undoubtedly thought was that manny gave up 27.5% of his purse and in the example above, takes home 19 million, when in reality he would take home in excess of 65 million.

In fact, the way manny's contract is structured, top rank takes all the risk. That is basically the point of a guarantee...If his fight flops, top rank does not get 27.5%, they only get that amount if the fight does as good/better than expected.

Comment

Working...
                      X