Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So where's all the outrage on judging now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    It's one of the few aspects of boxing that hasn't evolved along with round duration.
    yeah, in fact it's devolved. Some people brought up a good point in a couple other threads in regards to the lack of even round scoring. We hardly ever see that anymore in boxing whereas in the past it was quite common for judges to score 3-4 rounds in a single fight even. Nowadays there HAS to be a winner of a round, I think that messes up a lot of scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      I know that, but because the decision wasn't affected then the judge isn't punished?
      That's a horrible card, why should judges only be punished when the outcome is?
      I saw the fight, Eddie was getting it in the start till he hurt his hand.
      I could see it being 116-112 because of the home crowd, Adameks activity and Eddies inactivity fighting with one hand.
      So wide cards are ok because of home crowds?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        So wide cards are ok because of home crowds?
        You know that the home crowd could have swinged the rounds were Adamek was busier than Eddie.
        There is no way though Adamek won 11, home crowd or not.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          yeah, in fact it's devolved. Some people brought up a good point in a couple other threads in regards to the lack of even round scoring. We hardly ever see that anymore in boxing whereas in the past it was quite common for judges to score 3-4 rounds in a single fight even. Nowadays there HAS to be a winner of a round, I think that messes up a lot of scorecards.
          Agree 100%

I am one of those that support and encourage 10-10 rounds. If you're a judge and cant decide who won the round, then give it a 10-10 instead of blindly choosing a winner.

The way i score is the moment the end of the round bell rings, i have the round winner immediately in mind. If i dont i simply give it a 10-10 round instead of looking for a winner

Comment

TBH how many even watched that fight when Chavez was 2 or 3 rounds after?

Anyway Chambers won by 7-5 to me. He didn't appear to win it by 9-3.

Comment

I know this is off the main subject a bit but Chavez vs Lee scorecards at the time of stoppage was all 3 judges having Lee up on the cards 4 rounds to 2. Not sure if the guy above me is reffering to the same thing.

Comment

Comment

it just shows you that nobody gives a damn about the Heavyweight Division

I had Chambers winning comfortably...Adamek don't deserve to win considering the fact that Chambers fought most of the fight with one hand and still was out-classing Adamek

Comment

I thought ademek edged it. Chambers injured arm cost him. Is pretty hard to beat a good fighter with one hand.

119-109 is a joke,that guy shoud be banned. Chambers won at least 4 clearly.

Comment

Working...
                    X