Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So where's all the outrage on judging now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    People are only outraged when it happens to their idol.

Very true and IMO this further damages our sport.

''Oh he isn't a big draw so we will sweep it under the carpet''

Sad reality is its getting worse and worse and there is nothing anybody can do about it.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Very true and IMO this further damages our sport.

''Oh he isn't a big draw so we will sweep it under the carpet''

Sad reality is its getting worse and worse and there is nothing anybody can do about it.
      I hate this.... people only say boxing is dead when it happens in a high profile fight.... only time.
      When I saw all those people on twitter saying boxing is dead... I wanted to dick slap them

Comment

This fight could have gone either way, unlike the Pac fight which was a clear domination. Not comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
          This fight could have gone either way, unlike the Pac fight which was a clear domination. Not comparable.
          119-109.....119-109 is a card Adamek's family would make
          Do people see no problem with that?
          I said judge at the start of the damn thread.... judge... singular...
          come on people, at least read the first damn post.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            This was targeted at the one judge, not the decision as a whole.
            1 judge doesnt decide the winner

Did you see the fight? THere was no way Adamek won twice as many rounds as Chambers

All the scores were crap

Comment

it's quite obvious the traditional 3 judges to score a fight is deeply flawed and something needs to change. I didn't need Pac-Bradley to tell me this, or the fucktard judge who had adamek winning 119-109, I've known this forever (I'm sure most everyone else has as well). Boxing needs an overhaul when it comes to scoring, my opinion is to simply have 7 or 11 judges. Since boxing is mostly subjective it would be in the sports interest to have a lot more judges, like figure skating which is also a subjective sport. Same goes for MMA.

Comment

Cos Pac beat brad 10 rounds to 2 and lost a decision, didnt even get a draw.
                So not the same.

Pac beat bradley more convincinly than Witaker beat Chavez, but at least witaker got a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  119-109.....119-109 is a card Adamek's family would make
                  Do people see no problem with that?
                  I said judge at the start of the damn thread.... judge... singular...
                  come on people, at least read the first damn post.
                  Yes, that judge was blind. Don't have a problem with the overall decision though.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    it's quite obvious the traditional 3 judges to score a fight is deeply flawed and something needs to change. I didn't need Pac-Bradley to tell me this, or the fucktard judge who had adamek winning 119-109, I've known this forever (I'm sure most everyone else has as well). Boxing needs an overhaul when it comes to scoring, my opinion is to simply have 7 or 11 judges. Since boxing is mostly subjective it would be in the sports interest to have a lot more judges, like figure skating which is also a subjective sport. Same goes for MMA.
                    It's one of the few aspects of boxing that hasn't evolved along with round duration.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      1 judge doesnt decide the winner

Did you see the fight? THere was no way Adamek won twice as many rounds as Chambers

All the scores were crap
                      I know that, but because the decision wasn't affected then the judge isn't punished?
                      That's a horrible card, why should judges only be punished when the outcome is?
                      I saw the fight, Eddie was getting it in the start till he hurt his hand.
                      I could see it being 116-112 because of the home crowd, Adameks activity and Eddies inactivity fighting with one hand.

Comment

Working...
                      X