No announcement yet.

Being Busy Without Being Efficient Shouldn't Factor Into Scoring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    if its one sided yes, but thats not always the case. if a fight is competetive most ppl dont know how to score it, the ppl who claim its the most simple usually have the least clue.

they are the ones just looking at whos coming forward and throwing more. they are the ones who dont count in defence, who dont know what ring generalship is and who base the amount of punches that acctually land on what the commentators say rather than whats actually happening.

scoring a fight is easy, scoring it properly is apparently quite hard since its done so rarely amongst fans.
    i think the people that dont know how to score are the ones that have these dozens of criterias, and defence definitely does not give you points, it stops the other guy from scoring, most definitely, but if the defensive wizard isn't landing himself, he is going to find it hard to win rounds

you only need one/two for boxing
    "punches" landed per round
    if punches landed are close, look to the most damaging blows, who hurt who

(the reason i have punches in quotes is because i saw some poster counting a bradley push/hold/range finder as a scoring punch, talk about reaching)
    Last edited by TriggerItch; 06-17-2012, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TriGaFinGa View Post
      i think the people that dont know how to score are the ones that have these dozens of criterias, and defence definitely does not give you points, it stops the other guy from scoring, most definitely, but if the defensive wizard isn't landing himself, he is going to find it hard to win rounds

you only need one/two for boxing
      "punches" landed per round
      if punches landed are close, look to powershots and most damaging blows

and if it's still close, make it a draw, if not pick a guy, it's a toss up round

(the reason i have punches in quotes is because i saw some poster counting a bradley push/hold/range finder as a scoring punch, talk about reaching)
      Defense is definitely 1 of the criteria that judges ate supposed to take into account when judging a fight. It does score points. I don't get fans who simply dismiss defense.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
        if its one sided yes, but thats not always the case. if a fight is competetive most ppl dont know how to score it, the ppl who claim its the most simple usually have the least clue.

they are the ones just looking at whos coming forward and throwing more. they are the ones who dont count in defence, who dont know what ring generalship is and who base the amount of punches that acctually land on what the commentators say rather than whats actually happening.

scoring a fight is easy, scoring it properly is apparently quite hard since its done so rarely amongst fans[/B].
        Wrong! It's just subjective always will be. You can have a rock solid opinion and still be wrong in some peoples eyes. Who decides what is right? Not you, Not me. It's an opinion and subjective. If you can't admit that. you have to accept that your opinion is not a fact and holds no more weight then the next mans. Otherwise you're the jerk off every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
          Defense is definitely 1 of the criteria that judges ate supposed to take into account when judging a fight. It does score points. I don't get fans who simply dismiss defense.
          He said it stops the other guy from scoring. how is that dismissing?

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
            He said it stops the other guy from scoring. how is that dismissing?
            I explained why. Defense is 1 of the criteria that judges are supposed to use when judging fights. Defense does score points/win rounds. It's about more than just stopping the other guy from scoring.

Comment

it's because chambers comes to fight but he doesn't come to win. never impeses his will, never throws a power punch or take chances. he fights like he is sparring with his sister. he may not be this kind of fighter but sometimes you have to get mean, hit low, throw an elbow. shove a guy in the face. talk trash in there. at least make it look like hey i ain't goin no where. this guy should be playin marbles or something.

Comment

The judges don't see the CONNECT Percentage or punch stats like we do ... it's easy to be a monday morning QB ... but there were very close rounds and maybe his work rate did factor into the scoring in those close rounds, even so ... that one judge that Only gave Eddie 1 round is insane

Comment

Working...
                X