Chavez Jr. VS Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
    Back then I thought Martinez would win

This was the time when he demolished P Williams, and Chavez looked like a fatty at 160.

But in the past year I changed my tune. There is like no way Sergio can win at this point. He wont be able to hurt Chavez. He doesnt have that type of power, and I dont believe anybody at 160 would, maybe Abraham vs Chavez, i would like to see that.

But at 168, he would get demolished by Direll, Ward, Forch.
    Nobody will be beating chavez in the first 6 rounds imo, but what if somebody tests his dehydrated body? Constantly making him move, pivot, etc. Martinez doesnt have the power to take him immediately out, but he can wear him down and take him out in the later rounds. Martinez does have the power to contend. As good of a banger that chavez seems to be, he can be outboxed.

Inb4 a 10 x 10 ring
    Last edited by ~AK49~; 06-16-2012, 11:33 PM.

Comment

****er refused random testing we all know Chavez Jr is on something

Comment

Chavez is improving but I still say Martinez destroys him.

Comment

Martinez will slaughter Chavez. I don't need to see this.

Comment

!) 60/40 split in favour of Chavez
            2) The venue is the Staples center, we don't want Martinez robbing us like he robbed Pavlik and Cintron
            3) OST. Non-negotiable,
            4) Martinez to be followed at all times by security to ensure that chicken shit doesn't flee the country.

Comment

Martinez is going to have to outbox Chavez big time and not trade. After this fight I have a little more even, but damn Chavez is massive and can't get hurt fighting these middleweights.

Comment

Originally posted by freudianslip View Post
                Martinez is going to have to outbox Chavez big time and not trade. After this fight I have a little more even, but damn Chavez is massive and can't get hurt fighting these middleweights.
                lol Martinez will spark Chavez. If you want to wager on it when the time comes let's do it. I'll give you 10-1.

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMaDu View Post
                  Random testing for both and to be fought in Vegas not Texas. This is what I would like to see.
                  That's already 2 no nos

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                    lol Martinez will spark Chavez. If you want to wager on it when the time comes let's do it. I'll give you 10-1.
                    I'm not doubting he will? Still think Martinez wins. All I said is after tonight I give Chavez a little bit more of a chance , which is still not much.

Comment

While the size worries me, you gotta remember Martinez also fought an 180 pound Pavlik when he was still the WBC jr middleweight champ. And Pavlik is better than Chavez.

Comment

Working...
                      X