No announcement yet.

Chavez Jr. VS Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
    Boxing fans are funny. Chavez looks alright tonight and all of the sudden he demolishes Martinez?? Even though Lee is nothing like Martinez in the speed and athletic department. Not to mention that two foot ring that **** was so small it was laughable.
    martinez hasn't looked too great before the pwill fight or after the pwill fight.

Comment

Yea lots of heat of the moment fans who don't step back and view the fight from a neutral perspective. Regardless of tonights match. I am a fan of neither man but still choose Martinez based purely on style.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
        martinez hasn't looked too great before the pwill fight or after the pwill fight.
        After the Williams fight he looked to be damn near unstoppable against Dzinziruk(sp?). He looked vulnerable against Barker and Macklin.

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMaDu View Post
          I am a fan of neither man but still choose Martinez based purely on style.
          Whatever.

JR KO's Sergio easily. Andre Ward is the only one that poses a challenge to the El Dinero de Vaca.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
            This, especially if tthe fight is at 160. Martinez has the power to contend, and is very slick, but the biggest factor i see will be martinez' footwork. It will frustrate chavez all night, wear down his dehydrated body and set up the ko in the mid to late rounds....imo
            I agree with all of this..

Comment

Back then I thought Martinez would win

This was the time when he demolished P Williams, and Chavez looked like a fatty at 160.

But in the past year I changed my tune. There is like no way Sergio can win at this point. He wont be able to hurt Chavez. He doesnt have that type of power, and I dont believe anybody at 160 would, maybe Abraham vs Chavez, i would like to see that.

But at 168, he would get demolished by Direll, Ward, Forch.

Comment

Sergio wins period! Sergio knocks out Lee too for those thinking Martinez cant handle it. Chavez is crap and still gets KO'd. Hopefully he brings it on not cowers like i think he will

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
                  Tell me his record since the fight he put williams to sleep. I'll wait.

Comment

Doesn't matter, Martinez breaks his face down like cottage cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
                      Tell me his record since the fight he put williams to sleep. I'll wait.
                      I know right....UD...KO, KO, KO....yeah...I see the pattern

Comment

Working...
                      X