No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Pacquiao Dominates The Numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAKYO View Post
    Does punches landing on gloves and arms/shoulder constitute as a punch landed?

If it does then i guess that's how these 2 judges did count it on Bradley's.
    3 Judges, Roth's card was a joke too. Just because the other two cards were bigger jokes he should not get away with it.

These judges misses to much, especially with speed demons like Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      It should be, and boxing need to change to that system, that way we don't get robberies and we get more exciting fights with boxers being more attacking and throwing punches.

And as a result we will get more KOs and increase the popularity of boxing.

Make the change!!!
      Another false premise. Boxers attacking throwing punches doesn't make for a great fight. Watch cards from smaller venues with young fighters or guys with no skill and see if its exciting.

Great boxing is the sweet science. great boxing is alo Gatti Ward. All I care is that judges score the fights using universally accepted scoring methods each time they judge.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        Judges don't have compubox in front of them, or listening to biased commentating.
        Seems like the have an open bar in front of them and they have left their glasses at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Another false premise. Boxers attacking throwing punches doesn't make for a great fight. Watch cards from smaller venues with young fighters or guys with no skill and see if its exciting.

Great boxing is the sweet science. great boxing is alo Gatti Ward. All I care is that judges score the fights using universally accepted scoring methods each time they judge.
          Yeah it is a lot better when fights don't throw punches and hug

Go watch UFC

Comment

If we were using Compubox

Pacquiao beat's Bradley,
            Abril beats Rios,
            Lara beats Williams,
            Lewis beats Holyfield

Do we want to continue watching robberies such as this, or is it time to put and end to them.

Make the change for the good of boxing.

Comment

3 Judges, Roth's card was a joke too. Just because the other two cards were bigger jokes he should not get away with it.

These judges misses to much, especially with speed demons like Pacquiao.
              Well when the first score card was called, i thought indeed something was off i just shrugged thinking maybe i'm really just a casual fan who can't see it clearly but then...damn, i think that score was simply put just to make it appear these 3 stooges were all unbiased and has integrity...

Comment

anyone with one ounce of impartiality can see that the fight was a one sided domination by Pacman, the judges and arum were on it, I am sure of it. Especially from reading the responses of the judges and Arum.

Comment

Yeah it is a lot better when fights don't throw punches and hug

Go watch UFC
                  STop trying to press the manny related agenda. He won the fight, but judges are not going to score fights just so the guy going for the KO wins the fight. YOu dont get extra points for trying to KO a guy.

Comment

Seems like the have an open bar in front of them and they have left their glasses at home.
                    lol, probably. But they don't have the benefit of compubox.

They also don't have favorable angles on the fight. They don't see the match like we do. They have a fixed angle.

I'm just trying to see how they could have judged the fight as so.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      lol, probably. But they don't have the benefit of compubox.

They also don't have favorable angles on the fight. They don't see the match like we do. They have a fixed angle.

I'm just trying to see how they could have judged the fight as so.

Two of them were in their 70s, not sure if they have had their eyesight checked for a while.

Dementia?

They need to be put out to pasture.

Comment

Working...
                      X