Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    Compubox > Boxing Judges

FACT

If Boxing would have used compubox instead of judges, there would be an end to robberies.

It is time to make the change for the good of boxing.
    Compubox is just a susceptible to human error as regular judging is. Humans score punches that sometimes don't land.

Compubox sometimes, not aways, but sometimes has its ****, ****, **** moments like Jim Lampley. I wouldn't want to switch just yet.

Comment

Compubox > Boxing Judges

FACT

If Boxing would have used compubox instead of judges, there would be an end to robberies.

It is time to make the change for the good of boxing.
      This clown is ******, and then everyone would fight like Calzaghe and pad up their stats with meaningless flurries.

If you actually truly think that, quit boxing and follow MMA maybe. You clearly don't understand the sweet science

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless* View Post
        This clown is ******, and then everyone would fight like Calzaghe and pad up their stats with meaningless flurries.

If you actually truly think that, quit boxing and follow MMA maybe. You clearly don't understand the sweet science
        Calzaghe is unbeaten.

And no they wouldn't

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Compubox is just a susceptible to human error as regular judging is. Humans score punches that sometimes don't land.

Compubox sometimes, not aways, but sometimes has its ****, ****, **** moments like Jim Lampley. I wouldn't want to switch just yet.
          Name me a fight where compubox would have delivered a robbery.

I would have a system where power punches are worth 3 point and jabs count less so they would only score 1 point.

Comment

I would have a system where power punches are worth 3 point and jabs count less so they would only score 1 point.
            Seriously this guy is dim witted and should follow MMA, it’s evident he doesn’t the necessary brain power to understand the complexity of the sweet science.

Numbers don’t tell anything, it doesn’t tell us who dictated the fight, who played more significant punches and how telling and effective the punchers were. Numbers/Stats are meaningless in boxing, if you cannot judge a fight based on the scoring principle, than I suggest another sport for you

Comment

Thats not how you score a fight though. Thats scoring fitting your agenda and using your own biasies. Thats the same thing the judges did in this fight.

Bottom line is compubox is a human hitting a button. Humans make mistakes and human integrity can always be compromised.

Punches either land or don't land. Score them when they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless* View Post

Absolutely correct ^^^.

Compubox is meant to be used as a supplement, not a sole source of determining bouts.

The statistics reflect the tempo of a fight, not the true value of a performance.

Its amazing to me that D4thincarnation would cite Compubox to make his case for Pacquiao .. when he has denounced it for years because, according to Compubox, Floyd Mayweather is the most accurate boxer since its inception decades ago.

So Compubox, just like Pacquiao's decisions over JMM, are legitimate only when it benefits the fighter you support, right?

Hahahaha@ Pacfans hating life right now.

They hate life, JMM, Bradley, Teddy Atlas, USADA, and most recently Bob Arum.

Comment

Judges don't have compubox in front of them, or listening to biased commentating.

Comment

Thats not how you score a fight though. Thats scoring fitting your agenda and using your own biasies. Thats the same thing the judges did in this fight.

Bottom line is compubox is a human hitting a button. Humans make mistakes and human integrity can always be compromised.

Does punches landing on gloves and arms/shoulder constitute as a punch landed?

If it does then i guess that's how these 2 judges did count it on Bradley's.

Comment

It should be, and boxing need to change to that system, that way we don't get robberies and we get more exciting fights with boxers being more attacking and throwing punches.

And as a result we will get more KOs and increase the popularity of boxing.

Make the change!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X