No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Timothy Bradley Shocks Manny Pacquiao, Wins Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wreckless View Post
    Pacquiao should not even consider a rematch. He should leave Arum asap.
    The only thing to somewhat make amends now is all three judges being suspended, which is surely to happen.
    You're right. Manny should leave Top rank and move on to Mayweather. How funny would it be to deprive Arum from cashing in? By the way...has there been any "overturn the decision" talk from Arum? Let me guess...hell no!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brassangel View Post
      I'm a Pacquiao fan, and I can't say I'm too disappointed with the scoring. I mean, I was getting nervous when, after round 8, Manny just stopped working. I wanted him to win, because it's a great addition to his legacy: beat a prime, undefeated and legitimate champion instead of a used-to-be as he and Mayweather tend to do.

Bradley arguably won rounds 1-3, then Pac won the next 4 or 5. After that? Manny was content to cover up and follow Bradley around, all the while taking clean punches. He tried to get away with only working hard for 5 rounds while riding on the laurels of his credentials.

This wasn't a disgrace from the judges: it was a poor effort by Manny Pacquaio.

He only threw a handful of punches at a time, towards the end of a round, and while that worked for Leonard against Hagler, the judges remembered the entirety of each round for this one.

I'm sad to see that this will basically eliminate the Mayweather fight for good (as Pac really had a shot to take his "0"), but honest eyes would have been okay with this fight scored as-is.
      This s a good and sound judgement of the fight. I think we saw the same fight....the commentators and everyone else seems to have judged the fight based on Pac's power. I don't follow lederman's card, because he rarely score a fight correctly.

Comment

• All I can say about this is... poor Marquez... He should have won that 3rd fight, a very close fight, had it not been for Arum. And now look... not even a close fight!

Floyd goes... "I told ya' so!".

Comment

• I was half buzzed-half falling asleep during the fight, I stopped watching after the 11th because I was ready to pass out. I have to watch it again. However, from what I saw, Bradley hardly won 2 two rounds.

Comment

• I'm a Filipino and obviously a Pacquiao fan. He is my kababayan. But with all honesty I felt some kind of relief when I heard Michael Buffer announcing Bradley as the winner. I mean, com'on how would we have felt if Pacquiao won "again"? It would be like life has no color and it gets boring!

I'm happy for Bradley because he worked so hard for this and he wanted this so much. He is young and he is undefeated. He can also learn more and could even be at Floyd and Pac's level someday. I think it's time for other fighters to share thrones with Floyd and Pac. Ironically, I think it would keep boxing a little bit more interesting now that Pac's winning streak has been stopped and we all saw Cotto breaking Floyd's nose and showing to the people that Floyd's reeeeeaaaaallly not that good.

Although tt would have been a lot better if Bradley boxed the whole 12 rounds instead of posing as a tough guy - ****** ****! I thought he was going to quit!

Overall it's bitter sweet. I'm sad that my kababayan lost (despite of the controversy). But I'm happy for Tim that he got what he worked so hard for.

Comment

• WTF! I missed the fight.

Downloading now. Let's see what I make of this crap. My decision is legally binding.

Comment

• pac cant handle a young lion i told you pacfarts from the start
                jk i need to watch it was out partying last night

Comment

• Told ya'll....you don't mess with Arum and get away with it.........NOW PAY the F UP on my BETS!!!!

Comment

• I'm stunned by the apparent controversy, the world has gone mad. I've watched the fight twice now, and despite the horrendously biased Primetime commentary, I scored the fight 117-114 in favour of Bradley.

A lot of rounds were close, so I can see a few rounds going the other way, but this nonsense that Pacquiao won by a mile is astonishing. And I say that as a Pac fan, and somebody that was rooting for him.

Cong**** to Bradley, it was a gritty, determined performance and I certainly wouldn't bet against him in the rematch. It's a shame that he isn't getting the credit he deserves, but that won't bother him in the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by HardAss View Post
                      Close fight but bradley clearly won! Don't believe me!?? watch it in slow mo
                      I think your brain is slow

Comment

Working...
                      X