Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Did Prince Naseem Quit After Barrera?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uns View Post
    Sorry when I said lost it, I meant the fire.
    gotcha .....

Comment

Seriously people are NOW overrating Barrera's win over Naz, He outclass Naz by fighting him on the outside, boxing him and tying him up, He respect Naz's power and you can see in the way he fought naz, He probably got hit a couple of times with power-shots because he didnt want to engage Naz like he did Morales, So to see this "Barrera took his soul" myth shows how people don't really know much about boxing, they just jump on the bandwagon of what to say and run with it.

Comment

Hamed quit because he knew he was a fraud who wouldve gotten even more embarrassed and exposed if he continued fighting because he would have to fight morales, pacquiao, & marquez (who hamed viciously ducked along with MAB & EM).

Do not believe for any second the fraudulent ass british excuse of hamed not having the desire anymore crap.

Comment

Originally posted by mexiking View Post
          Because he realized that boxing outside of Britain, is a different level of talent! (I.E Ricky Hatton)
          Hatton won most of his fights outside Britain (6 of 8) he only lost to two PFP #1 fighters and one of them under questionable officiating.

Comment

I agree with the "he took his soul" part

Comment

Hamed has already revealed why he quit - he lost his punching power.

Former champion and British legend, Prince Naseem Hamed, has finally revealed the truth behind his decision to walk away from boxing seven years ago. Hamed appeared on BBC Radio Five Live's Sportsweek and discussed the reason why he walked away from the sport. Hamed is credited as the fighter to pave the way for million dollar purses in the lower weight divisions.

Hamed revealed that his hands were falling apart. The pain and suffering was too much and he was starting to lose his famous punching power. Several times over the last few years, Hamed spoke about a comeback but he never returned to the ring.

"I had hand trouble and could not take the power of my punch," Hamed said.

"I needed cortisone injections to take away the pain when I fought, then after every fight the gloves would be whipped off and my hands would be as big as balloons."

"It was getting ridiculous and you can't go on with no ammunition. I was one of the hardest punchers ever known but if the hands are quite brittle and you do damage, then it's hard to carry on. If the hands were fine, I'd love to come back. I did boxing for 21 years, from the age of 7, I love boxing, miss boxing and I believe that boxing misses me."
              Can we put it to bed now?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Hamed has already revealed why he quit - he lost his punching power.

Can we put it to bed now?

LMFAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

How gullible are you?

Yea lets believe the guy who is in question.

Hamed quit because he was embarrassed by barerra & looking at his future he would have to either give barerra a rematch or face morales, pacquiao, or marquez & he knew he would suffer more humiliation if he continued.

He did what joe calzaghe did, count his money, saw that there were great fighters coming up & decided to conveniently retire.

Comment

I dont know why people overrate hamed so much.

I remember even against lesser fighters how lucky he got. You may call his flailing around "good defense" but I can remember more than a couple times where he was up against lesser fighters and the only reason he didn't get caught was because of luck.

He was always just an inch away from getting caught but because he moves around so unorthodoxly that he would get away with it.

Even his best win against Kevin Kelly was just like russian roulette- they were just trading hayemakers and Hamed got lucky.

You need more than luck at the elite level though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
                    Why Did Prince Naseem Quit After Barrera?
                    Because Barrera exposed the Princess as the over-hyped fraud that he was.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                      Yea lets believe the guy who is in question.
                      No, let's not do that. Instead of listening to the man himself, let's make up reasons that suit our own bias.

Comment

Working...
                      X