Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes Shane Mosley a legend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was a great fighter during his prime & he's HOF for sure.

Wouldnt call him a legend though.

Comment

i dont think shane mosley should be in the hall of fame.

the man admitted to using steroids.

He's in the same boat with mcquire, sosa, & bonds.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
        i dont think shane mosley should be in the hall of fame.

the man admitted to using steroids.

He's in the same boat with mcquire, sosa, & bonds.

steroids probably made barry bonds a greater power hitter, but he was 100% a hall of famer without them

he's one of the best baseball players ever and would have been a great in any era with or without steroids.

not at all comparing barry bonds to shane flippin mosley, but that's the skinny on bonds.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          true but everyone on these boards & the media really value the big 4 of Pac, MAB, EM, & JMM. He couldve had those guys on the resume if he stayed down. I think he also would look like a more special fighter if he had stayed down. He just now great into WW recently and he's still only 150 pounds.

You could see after the N'Dou fight he was really comfortable at LW. I wouldve loved to see how he wouldve looked at that weight from then on. The same with 140. He was looking so special. Wouldve loved to see how he wouldve looked if he had stayed
          Yes he may only be 150 still, but he is also 35 years old. So even though his size is still small, his age is getting old. I think he chased Oscar at the right time, and now he's making a butt load every fight after that.

Comment

true but everyone on these boards & the media really value the big 4 of Pac, MAB, EM, & JMM. He couldve had those guys on the resume if he stayed down. I think he also would look like a more special fighter if he had stayed down. He just now great into WW recently and he's still only 150 pounds.

You could see after the N'Dou fight he was really comfortable at LW. I wouldve loved to see how he wouldve looked at that weight from then on. The same with 140. He was looking so special. Wouldve loved to see how he wouldve looked if he had stayed
            He couldn't stay at 130 because he was having problems making it.

His PPV's over Gatti, Judah and DLH[I won't mention the Baldo PPV because that didn't really help his star power] were needed for his exposure, and for the transition from Pretty Boy to Money.

Besides, out of the "Fab 4", he shut out Marquez obviously at a weight class Marquez didn't belong in, but thanks to Pacquiao looking poorly against Marquez in the same weight class 2 years later, Mayweather's win over Marquez was bumped up a few notches. Then of course, Mayweather has a chance to fight Pacquiao still, the fight is still there to be made. That's 2 out of the so called Fab 4, not bad. And no, Marquez or Pacquiao aren't prime, but neither is Floyd, so it all evens out. I wouldn't have liked to see Floyd weight drain himself just to fight JMM, Pac, MAB, and EM at 130 at only 50-60% of himself.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              He couldn't stay at 130 because he was having problems making it.

His PPV's over Gatti, Judah and DLH[I won't mention the Baldo PPV because that didn't really help his star power] were needed for his exposure, and for the transition from Pretty Boy to Money.

Besides, out of the "Fab 4", he shut out Marquez obviously at a weight class Marquez didn't belong in, but thanks to Pacquiao looking poorly against Marquez in the same weight class 2 years later, Mayweather's win over Marquez was bumped up a few notches. Then of course, Mayweather has a chance to fight Pacquiao still, the fight is still there to be made. That's 2 out of the so called Fab 4, not bad. And no, Marquez or Pacquiao aren't prime, but neither is Floyd, so it all evens out. I wouldn't have liked to see Floyd weight drain himself just to fight JMM, Pac, MAB, and EM at 130 at only 50-60% of himself.
              I never said 130. That was legit. I was talking just about 135 & 140. He couldve easily stayed there longer. Its not even just about fighting them for me. Its about his best weight. I wanna see guys at there best weight. I also wanna see guys fight guys there own size or close to there size.

If Floyd looks great even coming in at 148 and giving guys 15 pound advantages, I would love to see how he looks at a closer weight. Again, we arent talking about a big guy. He couldve been there for years longer and they wouldve been without a doubt better weight classes for him than WW & 54

Comment

mosley was not on steroids his whole career. there is no proof of that and i refuse to believe that. he used for the 2nd dlh fight and he looked bad and should have lost that fight. they obviously didn't help him much.

shane was a monster at lightweight, jumped 2 divisions and beat oscar in his prime. lost some fights to guys who no other big name fighters wanted to fight. lost badly the first time to each but showed the heart of a champion by taking immediate rematches with them both when everbody was telling him he should take lesser fights and gave them both tough fights in the rematches. came back later in his career and fought a prime cotto to a razor close decision and then later ko'd margarito coming off of his biggest win. thats why he's a great fighter and a hall of famer.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
                  Yes he may only be 150 still, but he is also 35 years old. So even though his size is still small, his age is getting old. I think he chased Oscar at the right time, and now he's making a butt load every fight after that.
                  Again, I understand why he did it and in a sense it obviously worked out perfectly for him but at some point history will judge you on your ability. I dont even care about the opponents as much. I just care about ability and when it comes to Floyd I feel a lil cheated.

His fans are ok because he still looks great but he wouldve looked that much better had he stayed at LW for alot longer and fought at 140 for alot longer. He wouldve looked as good as you could look. It wouldve been special to watch.

I just one time wouldve loved to see Floyd at LW and come into the ring at even just 143 pounds or Floyd at SLW and come into the ring at 148 pounds. We never got to see that. It wouldve been lights out and he wouldve been unbeatable

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    steroids probably made barry bonds a greater power hitter, but he was 100% a hall of famer without them

he's one of the best baseball players ever and would have been a great in any era with or without steroids.

not at all comparing barry bonds to shane flippin mosley, but that's the skinny on bonds.
                    When Barry Bonds looked like a toothpick, he hit well over 450 home runs[very close to 500] and was an all around great player. Great base stealer as well. 30-40 home run hitter[even hit 40+ several years], probably a .290-.300 hitter, 30-40 stolen bases a year. This was without roids.

With roids, obviously, he dropped down to a single digit a year base stealer, 45 home runs a year + his 73 home runs in 2001, Batting average skyrocketed, putting up season averages like .350 a year.

You can pretty much say, Barry Bonds on roids, was just Barry Bonds on roids if you know what I mean. He was just a great player, who got selfish and wanted to be even greater. Easily a HOF'er without roids. It's his loss.

Comment

I never said 130. That was legit. I was talking just about 135 & 140. He couldve easily stayed there longer. Its not even just about fighting them for me. Its about his best weight. I wanna see guys at there best weight. I also wanna see guys fight guys there own size or close to there size.

If Floyd looks great even coming in at 148 and giving guys 15 pound advantages, I would love to see how he looks at a closer weight. Again, we arent talking about a big guy. He couldve been there for years longer and they wouldve been without a doubt better weight classes for him than WW & 54
                      I see what you mean and I agree.

But you know, Floyd was just looking at the big picture. Wanted to get the least amount of mileage on him while getting the biggest money fights. Put his name out there the quickest way possible. And with Haymon as his adviser, he did just that.

Comment

Working...
                      X