No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: If Pacquiao Looks Bad, I'll Tell Him To Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
    You have no leg to stand on. Your logic and out look was flawed and pointed out as such. Stop making excuses for the obvious.
    Umm what is flawed logic? Please explain. My argument is that there is no proof that any of these so called "weight drained" fighters are at that much of a disadvantage that they would have made a difference regardless of weight. What evidence have you brought other than a few quotes that is just Roach's opinion? So he wants his fighter to have all the advantages. That just makes him a ****, does not make him correct.

Do you really believe that Cotto would have won if he weigh 1 or 2 extra pounds at the weigh in? Is this your honest opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by Yuiopy View Post
      Do you really believe that Cotto would have won if he weigh 1 or 2 extra pounds at the weigh in? Is this your honest opinion?
      No, Miguel wouldnt have beat Pac at 147, there is no proof 145disadvantaged Miguel, on the contrary he would have been in the best shape of his life. Even if Pac hoped it might help himself, he cannot be sure for certain it did. The simple fact that Pac requested the weight is enough for haters to have an excuse to hate even more.

If a marathon runner carries 2lb extra he will run a slower marathon race.
      Last edited by hugh grant; 06-04-2012, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Well if that's the case, there will be a lucrative rematch and then Manny will be retiring.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatebobarum View Post
          your spot on with your analysis i thought the same thing, one thing about bradley because of that big head he is very smart hes got good boxing brain but however he has no power suprisingly looking at his frame you would think he would have. but i think it will go to points and he will get ud loss courtesy of bob.
          yea agreed even if he puts in a great performance he will prob be robbed, thats why id expect him to have to be agressive at the right times in spurts to impress the judges maybe only way he can improve on marquez's performance but i you say he'll prob be robbed coz he doesnt have the power to get pac outta there

Comment

I think Freddie should retire to be honest. Having seen how bad he's been looking on 24/7, as much as I dislike the man as a person, I can't help but feel sorry for him. He's really struggling just to put coherant sentances together and when you watch him talking you can also see that his whole body is shaking. The guy is clearly in terrible shape, mentally and physically, so with all due respect I don't think we should pay too much attention to what he says. I personally think he will stay with Manny until Manny retires because like everyone else in Manny's camp, he is making a ton of money off of him every time he fights.

Comment

This might be a load of crap but I was actually reading a article on manny's old promoter talking about how manny pays Freddie way to much than he's suppose to and because of this he says Freddie will never tell PAC to retired until PAC actually does it himself or is force too. He also mention that when freddie was still fighting he was fighting for arum and until now Freddie is still working for Arum. He says freddie used to owe arum money and fear of getting sue by arum Freddie would go to arum all the time to tell him how he can turn manny into a star. Like I said all this could just be a load of crap from pac's old promoter.

Comment

Translation: If Manny looks bad even in winning, I will tell him to retire before Floyd Mayweather kills you out there.

He just openly admitted to the whole world that they have been blowing smoke up the people's asses. He will instruct his fighter to pass up the potential 100 million dollar payday? I though Floyd was deathly afraid of Manny Pacquiao. What happened? Marquez and his ability to land straight right hands and sweeping right hands directly on to Manny's chin must've made the Pacquiao camp come to their senses and take on an undefeated African American not named Floyd Mayweather. The fight never happens becuase Tim Bradley is going to make Pacquiao look flawed. He's going to box the ears off of Pac and the judges may still give Manny the nod. He could win the fight but still see his stock plummet. He'll see how quickly people can disown and abandon him once he gets sc****d up. Don't let Bradley open up a cut from a punch. It'll be all over.

Comment

If Pacquiao Looks Bad, I'll Tell Him To cash out on the MAYWEATHER JACKPOT BABY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                    I'd love to see Pac retire after the Bradley fight, win or lose, so fans can put behind these constant debates about Pac/Mayweather, blame games, silly split issues, subjective drug testing and all that crap.
                    But why just Pac, why not say - Mayweather and Pac to be impartial?

Detached from any sentiments encircling this fight, if Pac bombs then sure he should think about retiring no doubt - regardless of the debates. These debates are for us, the people, the fans and all.

But retirement is solely based on the fighter's decision, will and then some. Many boxers should retire such as Roy Jones Jr, but who are we to tell them that they should retire right?

It's their right, their privilege, their passion, their body and their career - not ours. Sure their ticket-selling will diminish but still it is their love for the sport (or financially motivated) then in that case, they should have every right to continue...

Comment

Originally posted by Yuiopy View Post
                      Umm what is flawed logic? Please explain. My argument is that there is no proof that any of these so called "weight drained" fighters are at that much of a disadvantage that they would have made a difference regardless of weight. What evidence have you brought other than a few quotes that is just Roach's opinion? So he wants his fighter to have all the advantages. That just makes him a ****, does not make him correct.

Freddie Roach clearly stated that they were called "weight handicaps" you are missing the point because if it didn't matter, then Roach would not have wanted them. I heard him say on video that he would want the Mayweather fight at a catch weight back in 2008 just to take something from Mayweather. These are all facts and you want me to give my opinion on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X