Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peter Quillin Drops, Overpowers, Beats Winky Wright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wright of the Taylor fight would have kicked Quillins ass, but it wasnt a bad performance by Quillin. Id like to see him vs any of the middleweight champions/contenders.

Comment

Peter Quillin has the goods and I very much like him as a fighter, but seriously? Winky hadn't won a fight in six years! The matchup was fine, as Quilllin is an up-and-comer and needs to get some experience in there, but giving him any sort of 'credit' for beating a Winky this far removed is a stretch.

Quillin is crude but only the top names beat him. I'd like to see him fight Macklin next.
      Last edited by paulf; 06-03-2012, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        Peter Quillin has the goods and I very much like him as a fighter, but seriously? Winky hadn't won a fight in six years! The matchup was fine, as Quilllin is an up-and-comer and needs to get some experience in there, but giving him any sort of 'credit' for beating a Winky this far removed is a stretch.

Quillin is crude but only the top names beat him. I'd like to see him fight Macklin next.
        Agreed! Winky's inactivity makes this win less impressive. Even when Jordan retired the first time he didn't just explode in his first game back, it took a while before he was officially back (dropped 55 on Knicks). Winky probably could work himself back into the mix even at his advanced age if he would just stay active. He should've been fighting someone like Alphonso S. gomez in his first fight in over 3 years instead of Kid Chocolate. Just like he had no budsiness fighting P.Will after a long layoff in his last fight. He just stacked the deck against himself with those type of decisions.

Comment

This win by Quillin is not tainted by what Winky had left, I look at how the fighter conducts themselves and Quillin showed poise, speed, power, patience, defence and ring generalship and this illustrates what Quillin can do. Nice back story too barely getting by while trying to make something of himself.

Comment

I was impressed by Quillin's speed throwing those punches.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Home Depot Center, Carson, California - Middleweight contender Peter Quillin (27-0, 20KOs) won a ten round unanimous decision over former undisputed 154-pound champion Ronald "Winky" Wright (51-6-1, 25KOs), who returned from a near four year layoff. The scores were 97-92, 98-91, 98-91.

[Click Here To Read More]
              You would think that Wright would have taken at least a tuneup before trying to step back in after how many years away? Sad to see him go out like that but he was a true warrior and one of the best Ive seen in his prime at 154.

Comment

Quillin's punching technique is almost as fugly as the faces he makes when he's throwing shots. The punch he dropped Winky with was the grossest I've seen in some time. It does get the job done, that said.

Comment

Working...
                X