No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Disappointment: Kirkland Not Injured, Wants More Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
    It's funny people knocking Kirkland...Kirkland fought and destroyed angulo which was a title eliminator for canelos belt and who does canelo fight next? ****ing mosley lol...Kirkland is still recovering from his shoulder injury..him and his team stated before that he wasn't going to be ready to fight till October and even then he would need a tuneup to test the shoulder.. and what does team canelo do?? Go right after Kirkland for September lol.
    And again, Kirkland had the options of taking the fight or rejecting it. Nobody had a gun to his head making him accept the fight.

Comment

Wow disappointed in him.

Comment

Originally posted by EdMon917 View Post
        LOL @ weak ass Kirkland fans defending him when he just priced himself out of a Canelo fight. He is not injured quit lying to yourself. He will be ready by September in my opinion. Its only money that he is after. I'm sure him and Wolfe realized that after the Molina spanking.
        How do you know he's not injured or not fully recovered? Is it not a fact he's coming off shoulder surgery? Weren't they saying he wasn't going to be ready till October/November? Once Williams got injured his own manager said sometimes you just have to take a big chance regardless of the injury. He said that two days ago. now Richard schaefer and his manager act like he's 100% yet he hasn't even fought since the surgery and kirkland himself is saying he's not 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          And again, Kirkland had the options of taking the fight or rejecting it. Nobody had a gun to his head making him accept the fight.
          And he's rejecting it. It's been ONE DAY since his team agreed to the fight, one day.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            He must have changed his mind obviously. How much did he make for the Molina fight? I wasn't over 500K I am 95% sure. Now he turns down a mill and wants 2.5????

Come on man, people say things but when it comes down to decision time, actions tell the real story. A "new adviser" tells him that the fight is worth that and he believes it? Kirkland has a brain, he can think for himself.....it's obvious they will find a replacement and then Kirkland will be assed out.

No one with a degree of common sense would accept a fight post surgery with out checking the shoulder prior to committing.
            Just being around Kirkland recently and talking to him a few days ago I know his not afraid of Canelo. I dont know who this "new adviser" is but I saw something like this happening.

Comment

I'm disappointed in Kirkland, this was a great match up. Even if he lost he would have got alot of exposure and a cool million, dafuq is wrong with him?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyMcNulty View Post
                I'm disappointed in Kirkland, this was a great match up. Even if he lost he would have got alot of exposure and a cool million, dafuq is wrong with him?
                A "Cool" million.... after his manager, lawyer, trainer, taxes etc. Wont be near a million. only way he would make a "cool" million is if he asked for 2 million +.

Comment

Put him in with the rosado/ powell winner for $75,000 lmao!.. Dumbass kirkland. All muscle no brains.

Comment

Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
                    A "Cool" million.... after his manager, lawyer, trainer, taxes etc. Wont be near a million. only way he would make a "cool" million is if he asked for 2 million +.
                    but what wouldhe get vs another opponent?....maybe something "luke warm"?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                      Kirkland did agree with the fight knowing he had just finished with surgery ...but once he tested out his shoulder during training he realized it was a mistake since his shoulder is still bothering him. I don't know who schaefer's source is but Kirkland himself contacted dunkin to let him know his shoulder was still going to be an issue....

Comment

Working...
                      X