Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Disappointment: Kirkland Not Injured, Wants More Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is Kirkland a bit*ch for not wanting to go into the biggest fight of is life with a shoulder injury? All he's saying is that he will fight injured but at a price.

Losses damage careers in boxing. Think about it, he fights Canelo at 75% and gets knocked out. A year later, when his name comes up for another high profile fight, boxing fans will be saying "he just got his ass kicked by Canelo, he doesn't deserve this fight."

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      So why accept the fight? They did "finalize" the deal didn't they? Kirkland about to steal the spotlight from Gamboa.
      from what it sounds like kirklands manager accepted the fight. kirkland just got back into the gym and said he's not feeling right.

at least he's letting them no now versus later like Gamboa. the report of Williams just came out on monday, kirkland was mentioned as a possible opponent the next day and today he's saying he's not ready. pretty damn quick so lets not act like its been hyped up for weeks or months, its been one day.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        How is Kirkland a bit*ch for not wanting to go into the biggest fight of is life with a shoulder injury? All he's saying is that he will fight injured but at a price.

Losses damage careers in boxing. Think about it, he fights Canelo at 75% and gets knocked out. A year later, when his name comes up for another high profile fight, boxing fans will be saying "he just got his ass kicked by Canelo, he doesn't deserve this fight."
        Yea they do and he already has 2, a 3rd one would suck . You actually believe he's still injured? Why would he finalize a deal if he knew he was injured?

How about... "Im gonna test my shoulder out first in the gym then tell you if I can fight before we finalize this." ?

Comment

to take a "DIVE"...yeah I would ask for more money also I would not be shocked if that is the real issue, lets be honest...Canelo is not going to lose his 1st PPV Fight...IT IS JUST NO WAY!

Even if he fights Trout, he will probably get out-boxed for 12 Rounds and still get the win on the cards...Lara is not going to go and take the fall for Canelo either so I doubt that fight will happen

they will likely WAIT FOR TROUT or K9

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            from what it sounds like kirklands manager accepted the fight. kirkland just got back into the gym and said he's not feeling right.
            Umm what? You're full of **** just like Kirkland. Did you miss the article of Kirkland telling his people to take the fight? He went as far as saying some corny **** like "I would cut my arm off and still beat this kid" or some crazy **** along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by feroth View Post
              uhhh 2.5 mil? didn't like Ortiz get that to fight Mayweather...who the **** does this kid think he is? Canelo didn't make half that to fight Mosley...this kid and his adviser must be ****in ******ed! or they just know they're gonna get torn up by Canelo
              Like I said kirkland is aware he's not going to get that kind of moeny, what he said is the only way he'd fight canelo with an injured shoulder and not 100% ready is if he got some crazy amount of money. he's well aware he's not going to get $2.5 million.

Comment

Umm what? You're full of **** just like Kirkland. Did you miss the article of Kirkland telling his people to take the fight? He went as far as saying some corny **** like "I would cut my arm off and still beat this kid" or some crazy **** along those lines.
                lool exactly

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Kirkland is shook and he is using money as an excuse. He prolly went and watched the Mosley fight and said forget this.
                  Funny thing, I was with Kirkland during the post press conference after Mayweather v Cotto. He was overly excited to get a deal done to fight Canelo. He said he saw alot of stuff he could exploit.

Comment

Yea they do and he already has 2, a 3rd one would suck . You actually believe he's still injured? Why would he finalize a deal if he knew he was injured?

How about... "Im gonna test my shoulder out first in the gym then tell you if I can fight before we finalize this." ?
                    when exactly could he have tested his shoulder? You do realize the Williams fight was only canceled on Monday. Kirkland was offered a fight on Tuesday, he's had literally 1-2 days to see how ready he really is.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                      Here you go bro. I did you and the rest of the Kirkland fanboys a favor:

http://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-ki...ady-war--53479

Comment

Working...
                      X